19. Calls and Messages

Bolega dil
Jis din tumhe
Vo din zindagi ka
Aakhri
Din hoga

。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

Patiala, Punjab, India

Trishnoor's pov

2 weeks have been passed since that incident and starting today, my 9th month of pregnancy.

I stand before the mirror looking at my baby bump and rethinking the events that happened in the last week.

Akaal didn't talk to me.

It took Junnu 2 days to wake up but a whole week to gain back her actual consciousness.

The moment she gained her consciousness back, Akaal ran towards her with his shivering hands.

He had been sitting beside her bed 24/7.

He didn't sleep, he didn't eat, he didn't take rest.

All he did was sit by her side, held her hand, hug her sometimes.

Even though I wanted to run and hug her and caress her hair, I was stuck at the door and saw them from far away.

Cause Akaal won't let me touch her.

Plus I can't even deny the fact that I am responsible for this situation.

"Junnu you're back! Junnu say something! Are you okay baby? Are you-" he panicked.

"Mum-ma" that was her first word.

My heart twisted so bad as tears fell from my eyes.

My little one called me.

I couldn't resist myself anymore and ran towards her the moment I heard the word.

But Akaal came in between us just before I reached her bed and hugged Junnu.

And I realised once again.

I had already ruined everything.

Coming back from my thoughts, I picked up a comb and started combing my hair.

I saw the comb and sighed.

My hair was falling drastically.

I remove the fallen hair and continue my combing.

Knowing very well that it will lead to more hair fall.

Hairfall and pregnancy go hand in hand haha.

How funny that it's a mother who takes up all the pain, not only the labor pain, but also handles the other painful 9 months only for her little one.

And now people think that I don't understand in what pain my baby will be in.

Nobody has any idea how I am feeling right now when I see my own child in such a condition.

It is very easy to blame.

I know I did a mistake that I sent my child to a stranger's house but I sent Junnu with Divyam.

Since the day Junnu joined school, she just told me about Divyam. That how he is his friend.

And now when Divyam and Junnu insisted on playing together for sometime, I just wanted them to have fun.

I met Sakshat few days ago. But I knew Divyam.

And all I was thinking of was kids having fun.

But still Akaal is behaving like I planned all this-

A sob left my mouth.

But no problem.

I'll do my best to make him believe me.