Chapter Seventeen - Choose

A/N: Is it rushed? Yes. Is it sloppy? Yes. Do I care? Yes, just too lazy to fix lol. 
(NOT PROOF READ)

It still smells like sewage when Sunghoon knocks on the door of Heeseung's house. He had already changed into something casual, wanting to be more relaxed after spending all day in "nice" clothes for Jake.

It only takes a moment for the door to open, revealing a thin woman with her greasy hair tied back in a bun. They meet eyes and Sunghoon bows slightly, unsure how to react. She smiles awkwardly and that's when he realizes... this is Heeseung's mother. They had met at the hospital but she had looked... healthier then.

"Hello, ma'am." Sunghoon says shyly.

"You're here for Heeseung, right? Come in... just ignore the mess." She mumbles the end, opening the door wider for him. Sunghoon steps inside just as Heeseung walks into the hallway.

"Hoon..." Heeseung calls quietly. Sunghoon tries not to blush at the softness in his voice as he steps closer.

"We'll be in my room, text me if you need me." Heeseung says to his mother before gesturing for Sunghoon to follow him. They go to his room, which is tidier than it was last time. Heeseung had hung blue Christmas lights on the walls, catching the younger's attention as Heeseung closes the door behind them.

"Do you... like them?" Heeseung asks quietly. Sunghoon looks over at him and smiles.

"Yeah. It's pretty."

"Really?"

"Promise." Sunghoon looks back at them. "It looks really nice. I like the color."

"I figured I needed some light in here, and the regular light was too bright." Heeseung walks over and sits on the edge of his bed before looking up at Sunghoon who stands in front of him.

"It was a good idea." Sunghoon mumbles, running his fingers through Heeseung's hair. It was almost a habit now; to move the hair away from his eyes. A reminder, really... that Heeseung didn't have to pretend around him.

That Sunghoon accepted him fully, scars and all.

Heeseung exhales softly and leans into his touch, closing his eyes in the process. Sunghoon frowns and crouches in front of him, moving his hands down to hold Heeseung's.

"What's wrong?" Sunghoon asks softly. Heeseung doesn't reply right away, instead opting to run his thumb over the youngers knuckles, eyes focused on them.

"Hee?" Sunghoon reaches to tilt Heeseung's chin, forcing him to meet his eyes.