Chapter 12: Note From An Anonymous Knocker

The sun vibrantly spread fire rays across the blue skies of Ellialand screaming out a new morning

The sun vibrantly spread fire rays across the blue skies of Ellialand screaming out a new morning. A new dawn that Carmiabell wished in despair to be less of anything to do with confronting darkness.

Little did she know.

As she descended the levitating train, she caught a glimpse of Phoebi.

Her face spelled happiness, but in contrast to her casual character, she was alone.

It was impeccable timing to apologize, but her tongue went numb and her feet melted to jelly. How could sorry be such a heavy word?

Instead, she let her go through the school's gate alone.

Tuesday was the day that Monday's storm calmed and Damon, more often than not, was her therapy. It was unusual not seeing him, but what he needed was time to get his hands on a book.

Carmiabell couldn't quill the incursion of images of all the things that could happen to him; an arrow through his heart; a spear from behind; decapitation; a sword through his skull; his head being severed from his body.

Everything hypothetical and more twirled in her mind every drop he did not step into the class wearing that smile and an aura -that raised Carmiabell's body hair- surrounding him.

Zuina too seemed unsettled. His not-so-smart mission might have led him to grave danger or the grave itself.

Throughout the day and week Damon was missing in action.

Carmiabell knew her crush wanting to see her the following day was too good to be true. Now, he might have been diced into pieces of vampire flesh and is strewn six feet beneath the ground.

Zuina planned for a visit to his place during the weekend.

°*°

As a streak of light from a curtain's crevice cut through Carmiabell's room, she was already up and on her feet ready to visit the one and only.

It had been a rough week knowing that any moment knights could walk in and haul them out of class in a claim of harboring a black apple and persuading a friend to find answers.

If anything, Damon did not deserve it. His innocent soul, or not so innocent, should not have been on the line if not of course his stupidity. If anything had happened to him Carmiabell would not stand the thought that she was the cause, but let's not go too far. Ya, her pessimism was not to be encouraged to talk.

Yi, her optimism should have been the one saying something, but apparently he is an introvert.

Simon Greenwings Sparkle on the other hand had been spotted several times. His dire want of his stick drew him to their lunch table daily. It was clear that he didn't believe that Damon was missing but Carmiabell couldn't care less.