ACT II.

THE FRENCH QUATER WAS BEAUTIFUL AT NIGHT

THE FRENCH QUATER WAS BEAUTIFUL AT NIGHT. laughter could be seen amongst the crowd of civilians, young and old partying to their hearts content at the sound of musicians playing their heavy instruments; filling the streets with mellifluous jazz music. I text hyacinth, letting her know I was here. multi-colored beads strung from everywhere, even the streets below me.  the air smelling of hard liquor and moonshine.

I take a breath as i open my clutch covered in silver rhinestones, like the gown i was wearing. pulling out my hearing aid and adjusting it around my ear, allowing my hair to cover it. I could only afford the one, and I only wore it on occasion. taking me a while to adjust to all the sounds around me.

9 : 3 0  p m

cynthi🪻.
in all white, at the bar.

I roll my eyes, of course I hadn't known why i didn't check there to begin with. as I navigate through the crowd of people my eyes fall on her. hyacinth is astonishingly beautiful in a shimmery white flapper dress, her dark red hair in pin up curls and a feathery mask covered the top half of her face. but I dechiper it's her when I see the tattoo of a small crescent moon on her shoulder, matching the sun I had on mine.

"solana you look gorgeous!" she exaggerates , assuring that I can read her lips but I assure her that there is no need as I reveal my amplifier to her.

"so do you, the roaring 20's look definitely suits you. "

"you think!" her bright red lips show a modest look , but her and I both knew she looked to die for.

it didn't take long for cynthi to become tipsy, leaning on me for support as we danced slow to a fast song. "i'll take her from here." I glance over at hyacinth's manager, zach, he tended to watch over her and he was the only guy i trusted in that industry.
"just make sure she gets home safe." I say and he gives me a glare. "you know i'd never let anything happen to this one." he said holding most of her body weight against his own, as he let her dance her drunkenly.

I plop onto a stool and I slunk over the bar, the tender pours me something light and sweet. "oh no- i don't drink." I say in protest. the bar tender looks at me and smiles, she has piercings in places that I was sure made her grandparents concerned and her hair is  a volumonous bush of vibrant purple. "sorry doll face, it's been paid for already. " she states and my brows tense, paid for ?  who could've ?

"he told me to tell you that he's waiting for you, at the belle la masquerade." she says, her accent coming out in full. I follow her sharp stilettos in the direction inwhich she points,it was the towns most infamous ballroom. I bite my lip in skeptism, who even is this guy? looking back down at the glittering glass I take it as I stand from my seat. "thankyou." I tell her and she only smiles like she knows something I don't.

I start my pace across the street to the all white building, standing through the threshold was a man accepting invites only. almost immediately I turn around and start my pace elsewhere.

"ma'am the entrance is this way." the man called out to me and I turn to face him. "I uh, don't have an invitation. "
"ma'am i can assure your circumstances don't require one." he says, and I have no idea what that means but take hesitant steps forwards anyways.

as I enter the ball room women and men are dressed to the nines in astonishing sophistication. identities unbeknownst as they were behind gaudy masks and large ostrich feathers. my eyes were rummaging, not knowing where to land or turn next. but through the mist of partying bodies stood a still figure, doused in black. standing out as he stood atleast two feat taller than the rest of the crowd.

turning my head at the peculiar sight, half of his face hidden by a white porcelain mask. his build robust and dark hair flawless, each strand following its waved pattern. I knew whom ever he was ; was absolutely fanciable. my head spun behind me quickly, yet no one stood returning his glare. 

he was looking at me.

she waltzed in and suddenly I was no longer bored

she waltzed in and suddenly I was no longer bored. solana wore a dress that of which the mesh matched her beautiful mocha skin tone. jewls rounded the low neckline as well around her waist, appearing as tho she was just wearing the sparkly stones themselves.

her braids were pulled into a curly updo, leaving enough out to frame one side of her face. those lovely features of hers hidden behind a bejeweled mask.

I fed on watching her walk around aimlessly,  not knowing who she's looking for. her brown ominous eyes took in every corner of the rooms ancient architecture, like nothings she's ever seen before. I wondered would she share the same look the day I show her what it's like to be ravenged, loved.. penetrated.

discovering she was a virgin was like a medal won. it wasn't hard to track down her shit of an ex boyfriend.  solana was perfect,  but fuck her standards were low. lucas mcdowell was an idiot who attended the same university as she did. he managed to tell the entire campus that she wasn't as good of a fuck as he thought. when in the reality the shit didn't even lay a finger on her , his ego hurt after her refusing to sleep with him.

I could remember the anger I felt at the names he called her while explaining this to me, right before I bashed his skull in with my foot. it was a very pleasurable feeling.

finally her dark eyes find mine, and she still has yet to realize.  solana began to turn around and walk somewhere secluded. a chase.. that's what she wanted, and I would deliver.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━