Lorraine | j.o

"I'm comingg"I nervously mutter as I get up from the couch to go answer the door.

I'm 22 years old, I'm intersex, and I'm still embarrassingly a virgin. One evening I confided this to my best friend, and she suggested I call someone - specifically someone who would be paid for it - to help me unleash my primal instincts.

I won't deny that initially, I was skeptical and offended by the idea of 'selling' my first time to a stranger. But after many discussions, with phrases like 'it's normal, some people prefer to do it that way' and further encouraging words like 'if you do it with a stranger, it will be less embarrassing,' I decided to avail myself of the company of an at-home sex worker.

The doorbell rings, signaling her arrival

With nervousness and sweaty palms, I hurried to open the door.

A brunette girl, in her twenties, stood on my porch. An enormous coat enveloped her petite frame, high heels accentuated her legs. Her coffee-colored eyes stared at me with irritation, freckles dusted across her face giving her an angelic and innocent aura.

The cigarette dangling from her full lips dwindled with each passing second.

It was damn cold out here.

"So? Are you going to let me in?" The brunette asked irritably, flicking the stub to the ground.

Her voice was husky, perhaps from smoking a Marlboro.

"Oh yes! Of course," I stepped aside awkwardly.

With a slight smile on her lips, the brunette brushed past me, entering my humble abode. A trail of perfume made me close my eyes as she passed, wondering if what I smelled was a floral, sweet, or more enticing mix.

Or if it was simply the smell of the cigarette.

"Mmmh... I hope you like it," I said timidly, closing the door behind my shoulder and turning towards the brunette. She was looking around with curiosity, analyzing the surroundings with her gaze.

"I won't be here again, don't worry about pleasantries," the brunette murmured calmly.

"Oh... Okay," I said, embarrassed.

"And what's your name?" I asked, trying to break the ice and make the situation less awkward.

The girl looked at me with a raised eyebrow, and I found myself studying her facial features: large coffee-colored eyes, long brown hair, full and perfect lips. A small mischievous smile spread across her lips, revealing an adorable dimple.

"I just told you to avoid pleasantries," she murmured teasingly.

The brunette still had her coat around her body.

"I'd like to know the name of the girl I'll be having sex with... After all, I'm paying you for it," I retorted, curious to understand why she didn't want to disclose her name.

"Call me Lorraine," the brunette replied neutrally.

"Is that your name?" I asked with genuine interest.

"Just call me Lorraine, and that's it," she said seriously, and I decided not to press further to avoid annoying her.

A deafening silence filled the room.

"Uhm..." Lorraine murmurs timidly, trying to break the awkward atmosphere, "will you show me the bedroom?" she asks with curiosity.

My heart leaps into my throat, and I nervously wipe my hands on my jeans, trying to calm down. "Of course" I reply nervously, walking towards the stairs that lead upstairs.