Green

In a dense, foggy forest where the cloud cover was exceedingly thick. A single drop of dew traversed from branch to branch, leaf to leaf from the tallest tree. As it danced among the foliage, glistening as clear as glass, it glided effortlessly to its destination.

Could this miniscule drop of dew know where it was going?

The night before, a violent storm smothered the forest. One could feel the ancestral earthly mother's sobbing and through her weeping she released her stresses and worries; she released within her something raw.

Traversing for what seemed like minutes, this single dew drop suddenly came to a slowdown as it was finishing its dance it landed and lingered on a petal as soft and pink as blush. Cast under a shade and clinging onto the tip of a blossom, it suddenly dropped into the puddle below it on the forest floor.

The puddle rippled and glowed dimly and the forest became deafeningly silent.

The critters delving in the undergrowth and birds in the sky halted their activity. Apart from the gusts of wind washing out the sounds of the outside world, the woodland became a muted world of its own, it would never linger in this borderline state ever again.

Overnight, the puddle glowed and heaved.

Upon the first break of dawn, the creatures starting chattering again and in the puddle that was glowing all throughout the night lay a small boy with feathers on his back.