Before we begin...

This is a library that specializes in boyxboy/malexmale/etc. literature. Readers come to this library looking for a particular kind of story. Additionally, readers tend to prefer stories that are complete and/or recently updated.

Here's the thing, this is a READERS boyxboy library.

I know, I know, some boyxboy libraries on Wattpad focus on LGBT author promotion, supporting the Wattpad LGBT community, and/or strongly recommending Wattpad create a LGBT genre.

There's nothing wrong with any of the aforementioned focuses. But, this library came about because Wattpad's Discover feature is beyond frustrating.

The Discover feature is obviously designed to prolong the time spent per visit, thus increasing Wattpad's advertising revenue.

Ughh! I don't even want to talk about Wattpad.

Anyways, previously, I wanted to create this clear and concise library qualifications book. I actually began writing such a book months ago, but when I went back and reviewed my draft, it read like a textbook. I know nobody wants to read a textbook of rules, and I absolutely do not feel like writing a textbook. As a result, I have began this super-informal-random-order-post-as-I-go library qualifications book.

Ay, no worries.

Authors, don't let the rules/qualifications worry you. The rules are totally noninvasive and they are designed so the average boyxboy author would qualify even if they are unaware of the rules.

Like I said before, this is a READERS bxb library.

Basically...

This library caters to readers with a love for boyxboy/malexmale literature.

and

This library caters to readers that enjoy reading and interacting with boyxboy authors, as their stories come to life. You know, without having to wait an ETERNITY between updates.

and

This library caters to readers that like to read only completed stories, because it is highly disappointing when stories are left unfinished.

So, the rules. I created the rules for several reasons:

(1) It's a specialized library. If you want randomly selected stories, use the Discover feature.

(2) Rules actually make things unbiased. If an author's story meets the qualifications, then I put it in the library. I do not want to show any favoritism. I do not have to like you and/or your story, if you qualify, you qualify. I am not a part of any Wattpad cliques and I don't tolerate cliquishness.

(3) The qualifications are what make this library AWESOME! As a reader, I want to look at all the selections and not even know where to begin. If you are a boyxboy reader then you know what I mean. It's frustrating trying to find something to read when all the acceptable options are hidden in that unsortable-piece-of-garbage-inferior-to-every-search-query-feature-I-have-ever-encountered system called the Discover feature.

So, like I said, this is a super-informal-random-order-post-as-I-go library qualifications book.

Instead of sending out these mass notifications every time I need to reiterate a rule, I will just give that rule it's own chapter. I am not going to bother with introductory paragraphs or any other type of proper formatting. I will just post as I go. Keep it short. Keep it simple.

Any questions?

Rain

p.s. Of course, I attached a random hot picture.

p.s.s. Wait... I probably should have mentioned the library encompasses three profiles here:

@rain_water

@Drenched

@DrenchedArchive

Umm, I will explain the different profiles another time.

Vote

Comment

Follow