Chapter 43 - The Stolen Pendant

[Word count - 1,702]

A few weeks later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Cafe

Your POV

This whole situation with The Instrument of Destruction is stressing me out. On top of that, Soyo and Sakiko refuse to talk to each other, and that is bad news... How are we supposed to come together to defeat Deluxe when there are some trust issues against us? 

"*sighs* What am I going to do now?" I asked.

"Bestie?"

Someone familiar calls out to me. I looked over and I saw Kanon looking at me with a confused expression.

"Is everything okay?" She asked

"Is everything okay?" She asked. "You seem stressed out."

"Oh, Kanon... Yeah, I am stressed out." I sighed.

Kanon sat down beside me as she gently rubs my back. As she did, it gave me flashbacks to when we were kids. I would always rub her back whenever she felt stressed out or scared, and now, the roles have switched, and it feels nice.

"Is it about The Instrument of Destruction?" Kanon asked.

"Yeah. How do you know?"

Kanon chuckled.

"You and I have been friends forever." She reminds me. "You've always been pretty easy to read."

"Oh, right..."

"But I got to ask, how come you didn't say anything about it before?"

She was right. I didn't say anything about it for a while up until a few days ago when I gathered everyone together.

"I didn't want you guys to worry about it." I said. "I know music means everything to everyone, and... I thought it'd be smart to protect what you all love by myself."

As kind as she was, there were moments where Kanon would get upset with me. However, this time, she didn't. She pulled me in for a hug and I hugged her back. As we hugged in silence, Kanon whispers...