17

ROOSTER

ROOSTER

I walked in with Jackie holding on to my arm tight. I turned to her and smiled. She was teary eye'd and all. I don't need her crying right now, not right now maybe later after I kill this bitch.

"Go up stairs and spend time with Rima cause we not staying the night I'll be okay I promise" I said

"I can get your brothers to come in here if you want me too" she said

"No I'm good, go on" I said

"Okay" she finally said walking out of the room. I exhaled as I watched go upstairs, and then I turned my attention to the other man in the room.

"What the fuck do you want?" I spat out.

Charles opened his mouth, then closed it back. Then he finally spoke. "Well, I wanted to see how you were?"

"Why do you care? I ain't shit remember?" I said, trying extremely hard to not lose my cool.

Charles sighed. "I see that your still mad at me. I guess I should tell you I was saved a few years ago and—," Charles started.

I chuckled. "You see that I'm still mad at you no shit asshole," he repeated, shaking his head.

"I, I was not a pleasant person back then, and I'm sorry about that. I came here today to make up for it."

I laughed. "Make up for it?! You are out of your fucking mind. At this point, I have nothing else to say to you, so get the fuck out of my house."

"I, I don't really remember all of the things I did back then, but I've been saved since then, and I—," Charles tried to say, before I cut him off.

"Your being saved doesn't really do a damn thing for me. Because even if you were too fucked up to remember, I remember. Oh, every little detail is ingrained into my brain. Let's stroll down memory lane since you can't remember. Do you remember beating the shit out of me every other night? You would bait me, even as a small kid you used to hit me and then say 'come on, hit me, stand up and be a man' and I would try to hit back and you'd beat the shit out of me. You used to kick or hit me if I didn't do what I was told. You did that quite a few times. Want me to go on?" I said

Charles hung his head. He honestly didn't remember some of those things, but unfortunately, a lot of it he did.

"My own fucking hell because of you, YOU!! You probably don't remember half of the shit you did, huh? Like when I was at home alone with you and you would walk around naked. Then you asked me to touch it, you raped me over and over and over again. So fuck you, and your sorry assed, half-hearted attempt at redemption. You ain't getting anything from me."

"I, I'm your family."

"No, hold the fuck up. Just because you're my father's brother, doesn't mean we are related. You aren't my family and you never were."