One

I took deep breaths, forcing my arms to move so I could shift my weight onto my elbows and forearms and take in the sight.  There were bodies everywhere, innocents fallen by the invaders.  

Everything ached and I gritted my teeth together so I wouldn't make a sound.  Someone was walking by.  Thor was panting somewhere; I didn't know where.  And Loki...where was Loki?  A grunt left my lips and I turned onto my side.  

Thanos stood a few feet away, but I was hidden by the bodies so he couldn't see me.  One of his servants was walking among the trail of bodies, saying something I was too disgusted by to hear.  

"That's right,"  Thanos said, Thor's head in his fist and the Power stone glowing in his gauntlet.  "The orb or his head.  I assume you have a preference?"  

"Oh, I do,"  Loki said.  "Kill away."  

Thor screamed in agony as Thanos pressed the gauntlet against his head, slowly killing him.  I squeezed my eyes shut, not being able to bear hearing him in such pain.  Finally Loki called Thanos off.  

"The Tesseract was destroyed on Asgard!"  Thor cried as soon as the stone stopped.  

Loki looked away guiltily and held out his hand, the Tesseract coming into focus above his palm.  A tear ran down my cheek as he moved to hand it over to Thanos.  But then Hulk came out of nowhere, punching Thanos.  

The Tesseract flew away, and Loki ran.  I lost sight of him, then he was right next to me.  He soothed me and helped me sit up.  Thanos was beating Hulk, he tossed him to the ground.  Loki shoved my next to him, the Hulk's large body shielding me mostly.  

Heimdal grunted something that I couldn't hear, pain resonating through me.  Then I was being lifted up with Hulk, carrying through the Bifrost.  I screamed and tried to move, but it was carrying us too fast.  

I blacked out when we harshly hit surface, seeing two men that looked like Wizards standing far above us as Bruce turned back to human.  

Then it all went dark, and I couldn't help but feel that I'd just lost both my brothers -  the only family I had left.  Gone.