Chapter 10: More Than Hanging Out

You and Peko are in class listening to the lecture. After it ended, the two of you went to lunch and ate at the same table.

You are eating a veggie burger as Peko ate lunch she brought from home.

"After that party the others had last night, it feels nice to be eating healthy after eating all that meat and cake."

Peko: "I could tell, you crashed from all the sugar."

"Yeah, I'm not exactly proud of that."

Peko: "There are worse things to not be proud of."

You continued eating your lunch as you looked at Peko for a minute.

"Hey, Peko?"

Peko: "Yes?"

"You want to go hang out after school? Not in the labs, but around the city? There's a new ice cream place that opened up, and a cool movie about a cybernetic swordsman came out today."

Peko: "Sure. I'm interested."

You and Peko finished up the rest of school and put on your regular clothes before going into the city. The first place you visited is the ice cream store that has dispensers that the customers can use.

Peko: "I think this is the first time I've been in a self-serving ice cream shop."

"Same, although there are expressed limits to how much you can take. Even the machines are programmed with those."

Peko: "I guess. So, what time's the movie?"

"In two hours."

Peko: "Then we'll be able to make it."

After you finished your ice cream, you went to the movies, payed for your tickets, and entered to see that the theater is empty.

"I guess not everyone was interested in this movie," you said. "Well, I guess we have private screening for now at least."

Peko: "Might be the cheapest private screening I've paid for."

The movie began, and the story of a cybernetic warrior with no memory played. They came across a pretty noble and pledged their loyalty to her. When the nation is divided, they fled to a far away land to be together.

"That was a pretty great movie in my opinion."

Peko: "Yeah. Honestly, I like that the ending was focused on them. I know that things may be bad for where they come from, but at least they choose each other. That's an ending I can get behind."

"Took the words right out of my mouth. Hey, want me to walk you back home?"

Peko: "Why not? I heard it's going to be nice tonight."

You and Peko leave the theater and walked together. You looked at Peko and blushes before holding her hand. Peko is surprised, but reciprocated it and you continued walking.