6.

A few months later, a marriage group started up at Citygate and Kev and I decided to start the course. At the time, we were only living together, but had decided it was important that we got married when taxes came in. We thought the marriage course would give us a solid foundation, given our rocky past. We couldn't possibly have predicted how the Two Becoming One group would change our relationship and our lives.

This is where we met Al and Deb, and I firmly believe the Lord sent them to us out of his endless love and mercy.

Like Mrs. Anne, the emanated God's love in ways we had never experienced before, and we often talked outside of group. It wasn't long before our situation was rather obvious, and discovering our homelessness and our rigorous work schedule (at this point we both worked 7 days a week, only going in late on Sundays for church).

The group itself and the Two Becoming One book and workbook opened our eyes to our own flaws and mistakes in our relationship, and what God had intended marriage to be. We committed to applying what we learned in our every day lives. It was difficult at first, and we still had rocky moments, but always we would pray about it and it after and come together again.

We made a promise to God, that when our tax return came in we would get our marriage license. A week before the end of our course, the money hit our bank account, and we kept our promise. The day after we got the marriage license, we got a phone call from Al.

"Kim, we know your situation and God has put it on our hearts to help you. So we are putting up $5000.00 to help you get a camper for the two of you to live in." His words left me speechless and I handed Kev the phone as I erupted into tears.

We had kept our promise to God, and after praying every night for months that he would make a way for us to have a home, God had answered.

Within a month, we had our little camper. Al drove me across the state, paid for it, and even hauled it back for us while Kevin was at work. We were so humbled and grateful by the blessings God had poured on us.