Chapter 4: The Alice of Diamonds

"The first Alice bravely entered Wonderland, sword in hand..."

"Cutting down countless creatures, she left a bright red path in her wake..."

"That Alice is in the forest,"

"Locked away like a criminal..."

"Aside from the path she made in the forest, there is no sign that she existed..."

Sang Dream. Dream had made a simple song out of the first Alice's death. And so Dream walked on rooftops, wearing a long black cloak with hood.

"I wonder how can I share this song to someone?"

Dream asked himself, feeling like a composer. He, then, spots a man in blue, holding on 2 pieces of paper.

"Ooooh, maybe he could be it?"

Dream disappears and the man in blue looks up. The man was about to open the door of a certain room but looks at his back when, suddenly, alright light flashes to his eyes.

"What the?! Huh? GAH!!!"

Within minutes, the man in blue opens his eyes and right in front of him was a small boy wearing a long black cloak and hood. The boy reveals his face as he swifts his hood off his head.

"Who are you?"

The man in blue asked, clutching to the 2 sheets of paper.

"Oh, my apologizes, I'm Dream! And you must be a composer, right? Or a singer?"

"A singer but I make songs too!"

"Oh, really? Then, please enjoy your life in Wonderland!"

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Hmm, how do I put this...? Oh that's right, you're the new Alice! Haha, I forgot!"

Dream laughs but the man in blue just stood there, dumbfounded. While Dream laughs, the man in blue tries to sneak away.

"Hey, you're not going anywhere unless I say so..."

"Huh?"

The man in blue turns around and Dream was beside him with pure crimson eyes filled with bloodlust. The man began to shiver and could no longer move his body. The man was too frightened to move. Dream smiles, murderously, and licks his own lips, giving them quite a shine.

"Alright, time to make Wonderland, Alice!"

Dream snaps his finger and within a blink of an eye, the man in blue was transported to the same town where the previous Alice was. The man in blue was still holding on to the 2 sheets of paper which happens to be 2 music sheets and Dream is gone, for now.

"Wonderland, huh... I guess I should practice singing then..."

The man in blue began to sing and sing in the center of the town. People who passes by has recently stopped by to listen to him. A little girl approaches him.

"Umm, excuse me..."

"Huh? Oh, hello!"

The man in blue stops singing and bends down to face the little girl.

"Are you a singer?"

"Umm, not really. I'm not really THAT famous yet so..."

"I like it!"

"Huh?"

"The song! I like it!"

"Eh? Really?"

"Yeah! Sing it again!"

"Well, ok!"

The man in blue smiled and continued singing. The more he sings, the more citizens were drawn to his attention. But something was not right. The citizens smiles were fine a few moment ago and now, their different.

The man in blue looks around but still he sings and then to the girl but the girl was no longer there but a doll, a Chaka doll. The doll smiled and the man in blue heard a voice coming from the doll.

("Go on...Sing! Sing! Alice!")

The doll cheered but nobody heard it but him. And someone took over him. His songs changed. A diamond mark appeared on his right hand.

"Sigh, not him too!"

Dream reappears among the audience.

"Oh, well, his useless now! Time to go!"

He snapped his fingers once again and the man of Diamonds' left hand began to move by itself. A gun appears on the palm of his left hand and points it to his head.

"WHAT THE!? NO!!!"

The man of Diamonds struggles but his left hand was stronger and when it pointed to the left side of his head, it pulls the trigger. He falls to the ground and beside him was a red rose.

Blood filled all over the place, he lied there with his music sheets beside him. The red rose began to bloom and was stained by the man's blood. The townspeople, then, turned around and went back to their everyday lives.

The man who was once admired by all, now withers.

"Well, there's always probably a new Alice waiting to be chosen out there so time to go get me an Alice!"

Dream disappears and the man just lied there and no one even noticed him.

-The Alice of Diamonds, end-