Chapter 8: The Alice of Hearts

"The third Alice was a young girl, a beautiful figure in Wonderland..."

"Deceiving countless people, she created a strange country..."

"That Alice was the country's queen,"

"Possessed by a warped dream..."

"Fearing her decaying body, she ruled from the summit of the country..."

Once again, Dream sings. The First Alice was a woman of Spade. The Second Alice was a man of Diamond. The Third Alice was a woman of Clubs. Who will be the next Alice?

Dream has been walking for hours and hours searching for a new Alice.

"This time, I'll find MY Alice! Those guys didn't even stand a chance! Well, I thought that, uhhh, what was her name again? Was it Kai or Sakura? I don't know! She was my favorite until she broke down!"

Dream mumbles as he talks to himself about the previous Alices.

"The man who sings had such a wonderful voice but too bad he couldn't live long! If he only it didn't took over him then he'd probably be singing the song I just made! I mean really!"

Dream grabs a bag of snacks from the convenience store but the owner of that store didn't notice him at all. It's like he's invisible or something.

"The lady who held that sword all the sudden sure surprised me! And to think, that she'd be the first to malfunction like that! But I had to make sure Broken Alices don't exist in MY Wonderland!"

Hours later...

Dream spots one boy and one girl who seems to look a lot like twins.

"Hmm, could they be it?"

Dream decides to follow them to their home. He watched and watched until the boy and girl went upstairs to get some rest. The peeks his head from the window and begins to hear some sentences used in their conversation.

"Have you ever dreamed of something like out of this world?"

"Like unnatural ones? No, why?"

"Ooooh..."

Dream starts to get excited and smiles a bit.

"Nothing, I'm just curious!"

"Why would you even want to dream about that?"

"Well, school is getting boring and summer is coming soon! I'd be happy if we'd go for a wonderful adventure in another world!"

"Another world? But that's impossible..."

"Eh? But it's just a dream!"

"Oh, I forgot!"

Moments later, their mother calls them to sleep and the siblings replied anyways.

"Yes, mom!"

The siblings said in union.

"Hmm..."

"Who's there?!"

The boy asks at the window in their room, startling his sister. Dream decides to show himself and sits on the edge of the window. The boy glares at him while his sister covers herself with her blanket.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Dream and I can make your dream come true, ma'am..."

"R-Really?"

His sister's head peeks out of the blanket.

"Yes, just say the word and I'll make it come true!"

"Ah, can I do it? Can I please???"

"I don't know about this..."

"If you want to make sure she's ok, I can make you come join her in her dream..."

"Well..."

"Well???"

"Fine, it's just a dream anyways..."

"Alrighty! Let's go!"

Dream jumps off the edge of the window and approaches the sibling's bed. He bows his head at both siblings and snaps his fingers and a bright light shined around him that covered the whole room.The siblings opened their eyes and saw that they're no longer in their room and their clothes are different.

"Where are we?"

The boy asks and Dream reappears, sitting on one branch of a tree nearby.

"Well, Welcome to Wonderland!"

"So, this place is called Wonderland!"

"It seems like Alice in Wonderland to me!"

His sister giggled.

"Well, then, enjoy your dream!"

Immediately, disappeared and the siblings which looked like twins began their adventure in Wonderland. They followed a red path through the forest and had tea underneath the rose bush.

While Dream watches them from afar.

"They're perfect! They haven't broke yet! Unlike the others!"

Dream begins to think of a plan in order for them to stay un Wonderland forever. A light bulb appears on his head and smiles, a mischievous one.

Moments later, the siblings received an invitation of the Queen. They opened it and it was an Ace of Hearts. With the card on their hands, they could open multiple doors from different places in Wonderland.

The boy's sister was a stubborn one while the girl's brother was an intelligent one. Together, they roam around in Wonderland.

"Say, how long have we been doing this?" the sister asked.

"I don't know but it sure is fun out here!" the brother answered.

"Do you wanna leave now?"

"Not really, it's really fun going around in Wonderland!"

The siblings jumped off again from a door when suddenly.

"Then, please stay here forever in Wonderland..."

"Eh?!"

Dream appears and locks the door behind them.

"DREAM!!!"

They shouted and the door disappeared forever including Dream. The siblings could no longer wake up and now, Dream's wish has been fulfilled. The siblings are now lost in Wonderland, forever searching for an exit.

-The Alice of Hearts, end-