Chapter Fourteen

"So, this is where the Hellhounds busted from, huh?"

Olive looked down into the large crater, that was still smoking. Drawing back, she looked at the surroundings. Though no one had come to the BM from the human realm since the attack, the other side of the market was still open to the other realms.

"Yeah, if it wasn't for Stella turning into Maui we'd have been run over."

Perking at that, Olive half-turned looking down at Christian, "She used her fire?"

He nodded, "Yeah, she was slaying them," he rose from where he'd crouched to pick a melted stone, "She went full pyro on their asses."

"Really," Olive gave another look around the area. "Then...I'm surprised this entire place wasn't destroyed."

"Destroyed?" Christian blinked at that, "Why would it be?"

Olive descended the side of the crater, "Because Ephtari runs in her blood, I'm pretty good at control, but when it comes to pure power, Stella is far more powerful than I, at least when it comes to her flame."

"So, what your saying is..." Christian trailed off, looking at the destruction that was already around them. "That this wasn't her at full power."

"Yeah, but what's strange is what you said earlier," Olive took Artur's hand, as he helped her down, "That someone stopped her, not many could do such a thing. Even I was pushed when she snapped the first time." She released his hand and started to make her way to the still open magic circle. "And the fact that you said it was a vampire makes this even more interesting."

As the three of them made their way towards the exit, Olive felt her phone vibrate. Pulling it out, she checked the screen only to pause in surprise when she saw it was an email from Stella. "Wait!" she called to the two men.

They paused half-turning to peer at her inquiringly. "It's an email from Stella."

Opening it, she quickly read it and frowned. There was little there, but the statement about mates is what really stumped her. She frowned.

"What is it?" Christian asked as he came to her side, "Is it something bad?"

"Well, if you were Stella, it's the worst thing that could happen." She said as she handed the phone over to Christian, who's eyes widened when it spotted the keyword. "It seems that vampire you mentioned, has claimed her as his mate."

"Wow!" Christian was astonished, "And she hasn't killed him yet?"

"Apparently not," Olive said, humor in her voice, "And that may be more telling than anything else."

"What? That she hasn't killed him?" He said handing Olive back her phone. "You're right, when she bumped into her ex-Cole, she nearly took him out without thought."

"What?!" Olive said, narrowed on Christian's face, "Coles here?!"

He nodded, "Yeah, he confronted her, and apparently whatever he said had Stella nearly ready to burn his face off. Luckily, Tammie and I had been heading up to bother her."

"Take me to him," Olive demanded, as she shoved her phone back into her back pocket and marched towards the magic circle.

When they arrived back in Salem, Olive forced Christian to take her to the place the werewolves had chosen as their hang out spot.

Christian, the sweet man; hadn't thought through what he was doing when he led her out back. He only realized his mistake, when Olive rushed past him and without word cracked her fist across Cole's shocked face.