╰┈┈┈➤ how i develop my writing style

━━━ a not-so-quick overview of how i [subconsciously] developed my writing style [over the years]

short answer: it was by watching writing videos, writing, reading, and roleplaying, a lot

long answer:

one;; watching writing videos⸺ back when my dream was to be a novelist, i'd watch a number of videos that gave writing advices

⸺ back when my dream was to be a novelist, i'd watch a number of videos that gave writing advices. even now, some of the tips i've heard stuck with me, whether for the better or for the worst.

two;; writing over the years
⸺ as mentioned in [my villain origin], i had been secretly writing fanfics. but i wasn't just writing fanfics, i also wrote essays for schools. doing all that ensure i didn't end up forgetting what i have learned from my english classes.

three;; reading
⸺ i like to read a lot, both comics and novels, when i was in primary school. while comics spurred my desire to improve drawing, reading books improved my vocabulary. and, no matter what you think of JK Rowling, i won't deny that the Harry Potter books shaped the early stages of my writing style. those books were the reason why i like to use this [ ⸺ ] so much.

⸺ ooh! another novel that influenced my writing style is Kelly Barnhill's The Girl Who Drank The Moon. particularly, the way the author repeats certain words. that stuck with me.

⸺ fanfics also helped shaped my style; as i grew slightly older, and as the bnha fandom grew, there were more options for good fanfics to read. honestly, it's thanks to the bnha fanfics i've read that i was absorbed into writing styles that are more ✨️aesthetics✨️ and 🌸flowery🌸. on that note, i have to hand it to summerblack's Changing History on Quotev for being the most notable influence when it comes to writing monologues for characters.

four;; roleplaying
⸺ i roleplayed with my irl friend a lot during covid and post covid era. doing all those roleplays helped unleash my cringier sides, making it easier for me to reel it in now. roleplaying also helped keep my creative mind fresh, made me get closer to my irl friend, who i must thank for putting up with me and making me use my brain on how to expand a character's personality when it comes to romance.

five;; bonuses
⸺ i'd also like to give a shoutout to my primary 5-6 english teacher, Mrs C, for drilling what classifies as grammatically correct english into my head. same shoutout is given to my form 5 english teacher, Mrs E, for reteaching me how essays worked.

⸺ another person i'd like to thank is Colleen'sMangaRecs. she's a youtuber that focuses on talking/reviewing shoujo manga, and it's thanks to her analysis on the shoujo manga art style, that my eyes were open on how to write romance scenes more descriptively.

 she's a youtuber that focuses on talking/reviewing shoujo manga, and it's thanks to her analysis on the shoujo manga art style, that my eyes were open on how to write romance scenes more descriptively

━━━ ending note: even now, i believe that my style will continue to evolve the more i consume other creative media