🍇 GRAPE SODA |6| 🍇

When Tinky entered the classroom, everything seemed suspiciously normal. Well, as normal as life for a student with a crush on his professor.

Barney glanced up from the tests he was reading and gave Tinky a soft smile, contradicting his behavior from the past few days. 

You know? Maybe Barney really isn't my stalker.. Tinky thought. That smile was too illegally cute to belong to that psycho he encountered on Biskord. Grape soda was a popular flavor anyways. 

In that moment, Tinky's worries had been relieved. But since Barney and the stalker were (probably) two different people, Tinkly now had an unknown variable to deal with. Who was this mysterious figure? What were they after? Well that much was pretty obvious; whoever this was, they were after Tinky's affection, and they wanted it all to themselves.

Soon after the last of these musings, the bell for first period started.

"Good morning, class!" Barney cheerfully greeted in that intoxicating voice of his. "I will be returning your tests from last week today."

A lot of the class groaned. Professor Barney was known for his harsh grading. Although, Tinky had always been getting good grades in the Friendship course, so he probably had nothing to worry about. Wrong.

When Barney put down the paper, making his hand linger on Tinky's desk for a bit as if to show of his long slender fingers, Tinky expected nothing less than an A. To his utter, complete surprise, he ended up staring at his returned test in disbelief. There, in blood red ink were the numbers 13/100. There was no way...

Barney made no explanation for the horrible score and even shooed everyone out as soon as the ending bell rang. 

It went on like this for days. All of Tinky's assignments, test, and quizzes were all getting scores he was less accustomed to getting. Barney remained his nonchalant self. This eventually took a toll on his overall class grade, but what Tinky was so confused about was why his other class grades were also dropping. He swore he was getting good scores on everything, especially math and chemistry. Why was he failing all six of his courses now?

It came as no surprise when the principal finally called Tinky to his office.

"Tinky Winky, you need to start shaping up young man," the principal began. "We have a reputation uphold at this school. These grades are unacceptable, and if you can't bring them up in the next month, I may have to expel you."

"But sir, how do you expect me to raise failing grades in a month?"

"Well, you tell me Winky, how did you manage to go from a straight A student to this absolute disappointment of a student in just a week? Now shoo."

Needless to say, all of Tinky's late nights and hard effort did not pay off. Today, he had to return all of his textbooks and collect any belongings he left at school.

He met up with Dipsy for break---she still didn't know what was going on.

"Dipsy, I'm sorry I haven't been entirely truthful," he started. "I actually got expelled for my bad grades. You're going to continue going here, but I'll have to start looking for a job. The government only agreed to give up some financial aid as long as I continued my education."

"Brother, how? You've always been good at school, better than me even."

Tinky avoided Dispy's gaze, "Truthfully, it was a bit suspicious because they really did start dropping for no reason. I know I should probably look into it or get my expulsion reviewed, but you know our family doesn't have the time, money, or resources for that."

As he turned around to go, he missed the determined look that started to take over Dipsy's face.

Tinky finally looked back at his school one last time, lingering his stare on Barney's classroom for a little longer than necessary.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N what's a better way to procrastinate than update a stupid fanfic for a crack ship 💀