Compulsion Part 23

Nearly a week later Elias was back at the Fonseca house late on a Friday evening.

"Hi." Elias couldn't help the smile as he stepped into the study and looked automatically toward the floor rather than the couch seat. And right enough there she was, feet propped on the couch, back flat on the floor.

"Hey, " Georgia turned her head, smiled broadly when she saw it was Elias. "I wasn't expecting to see you." They hadn't made any plans for this weekend. In fact they hadn't seen each other over the week. They had spoken on the phone. Daily. Usually late into the night. Occasionally a call to her office. But at no time had he suggested meeting up and she hadn't pressured him for a date. She had made a decision when she had taken on this 'relationship'. No demands on his time. Georgia did not want to be seen as clingy and cloying, that desperate teenage girl was gone. So when he hadn't said anything about meeting up at the weekend she hadn't suggested it. Of course she missed seeing him. Missed his scent. Missed his touch. Missed his taste. Missed him. But she had gone into this with her eyes open. They had been seeing each other. But he hadn't made any promises. Nor indicated an exclusivity. Not that he was seeing anyone other than her. If he was, she was sure someone would have been quick to tell her. But they hadn't had a conversation about what this 'relationship' was about or where it was going. She was just enjoying it while she had it. While she had him in her life she was going to take what was available and enjoy it to the fullest.

Georgia put her book down as she started to swing her feet off the couch.

"No. Stay there." Elias told her as he came toward her. "Caitlin let me in." He said, shrugging off his grey business jacket he draped it on the chair that he passed.

"I thought I didn't hear the doorbell." Georgia placed the book on the floor beside her and watched him as he came closer. He looked tired. And annoyed about something. She nearly smiled. She was starting to be able to read him and his moods.

"Fortuitous timing. She was on her way out, when I reached the door." He lifted her feet off the couch, slid onto the seat and propped her feet on his dark grey trouser clad lap. "You always do this?" He gestured toward her posture as he leaned in and kissed her ankles while at the same time gently massaging her feet.

"If I've been on my feet all day, yes." She frowned when she realised that he really did look exhausted. What was he doing here given he was tired? He should be at home, with his feet up. "Are you just on your way home?" She asked.

Elias nodded. It was one of the reasons he hadn't suggested meeting up this week. He was wall to wall with meetings. An important business development was occupying his time. He needed to concentrate on work. If Georgia was around he knew for a fact his mind would not be on work. "Good day?" Elias asked and toyed with her feet almost absently. It had been a hellish day for him and all he could think about as he headed home was how the day from hell would be banished if he simply saw Georgia. He'd tried calling her at work during the day but had missed her between patients, and when she'd tried to call him, he was in a meeting.

"Ok. Busy." She told him absently, her senses registering the feel of his fingertips on her feet as if that was the only sensory part of her body. He played with her feet, rubbing the soles gently. "If you are going to do that, you might as well give them a massage." Georgia told him mock sternly. Elias laughed and strangely enough some of the tension in his shoulders simply vanished. This is exactly what he needed after a day from hell. Amazing how simply seeing this woman banished the tension and eased some of the stress that had all but lodged itself in every muscle and sinew in him. Georgia smiled hesitantly when she saw his eyes become thoughtful, "What?"

Elias opted not to tell her that she was his stress buster! Instead he opted to sidetrack her by saying, "Caitlin said I'd find you in here and you'd ask for a massage." He said quietly and then he leaned back but kept her feet in his hands and began to firmly massage the balls of her feet.