Compulsion Part 29

"Do you remember Annalise Sojohnson?" Elias asked.

"What?" Thrown by that rather odd question, Georgia just stared at Elias. Why was he bringing up the name of a girl they knew at school? Of course Georgia remembered Annalise Sojohnson. She was the girl every guy in school wanted to date. Elias had dated her. But Annalise had left the area many years back. Why bring her into the conversation now?

"Annalise Sojohnson. She used to be in our year."

"Yes I know who she is." She grated. I just don't understand why you are mentioning her now, she added silently. Unless of course it is to tell me that you still have a crush on her! Of course Georgia remembered Annalise Sojohnson. She had the kind of flirting skills that Georgia had envied. And Georgia knew that Elias had dated Annalise. But that was years ago. And Elias and Annalise had only dated for a short time. In any case Annalise Sojohnson had left several years ago when she went to University and she had not returned to their town. So why start talking about her now? "You went out with her at school."

He nodded. "Alice is her girlfriend."

Georgia's head rocked back and she scowled in bemusement. Then she just shook her head. "So they are friends. That does not explain what I saw!" That did not explain why Elias was caressing the woman. It just confused matters.

Elias' lips quirked at the corners, "I mean they are partners!" He said with emphasis on the last word.

"Partners?" Her confusion evident, she just looked at him. "As in partners?"

"Yes. As in girlfriend and boyfriend, or in this case, girlfriend and girlfriend."

Georgia blinked as confusion took over. "Annalise Sojohnson is gay?" Georgia asked in utter surprise.

"Bi." Elias said drolly.

Who'd have guessed, Georgia thought. "Oh." Georgia's eyes narrowed. It still did not explain why she had seen Elias caressing Alice's face.

"I can almost see the wheels in your brain turning." Elias teased gently. "We are good friends. I've known Alice and Annalise as a couple for years. They live in Christchurch, so I don't see that much of them. But we are good friends."

"Is Alice bi?" Georgia asked a few seconds later as her curiousity got the better of her.

Elias shook his head. "No. She isn't, no." He was pleased to see that Georgia appeared to have forgotten all about sulking!

"Oh."

"Can still see the cogs going round." He teased.

Georgia exhaled and then her curiousity really took hold and she decided it would be better if she knew what had happened in the office. "Ok, fine. Why was Alice in your office and why were you stroking her face?"

Elias breathed a sigh of relief. Things were going to be ok. "Alice flew up from Christchurch and was in my office because she wanted to ask me to father a child!"

That was the last thing she had expected to hear. "What?" Georgia's head snapped back in utter surprise.

"Or to put it more bluntly, she wanted me to have sex with Annalise so that they could have a child!" He was pretty sure that Georgia's eyes could not get any wider, but they did. "They want me to father a child for them!"

"Oh!"

"Yeah. Oh." He smiled wryly. "Alice was hoping I'd agree to father a child if I could see that she was ok about Annalise and I having sex! They didn't know I was in a relationship myself"

"Oh!"

Elias could see that Georgia was stunned and knew that his next statement would add to that bemusement. He'd been pretty bemused when Alice had run the idea past him earlier today. "Alice said she was ok with her girlfriend having sex with her ex boyfriend! I said, my girlfriend wouldn't be ok with her boyfriend having sex with his ex girlfriend!" Elias said calmly and shook his head in admonition as he looked at Georgia. "What you saw was innocent!"