5

Author pov:

Jiminie ❤️ calling..........

Yoongi's phone rang, and his heart skipped a beat as he saw Jimin's name on the screen. He had been trying to muster up the courage to send a message, but his nerves got the better of him.

"Hello?" Yoongi answered, trying to sound calm, but his voice trembled slightly. There was a few seconds pause when jimin said, "Just send that message, hyung." Jimin voice was as smooth as silk .
Yoongi's heart skipped a beat. "W-which message?" he stuttered, trying to play it cool.

Jimin's response was direct. "The message that you've been typing for the past 15 minutes, Yoongi. The one that's still sitting in your drafts . Unfinished . that you didn't send me "
Yoongi's face flushed as he realized Jimin knew his every move. "H-how did you...?!"

Jimin's soft chuckle came through the phone. "Well, I can see you were typing something, but you never sent anything." He paused, his voice filled with amusement. "You're not as sneaky as you think you are, Yoongi."

Yoongi's embarrassment grew, but Jimin's gentle teasing put him at ease. "S-shut up, Jimin..." Yoongi muttered, his voice barely above a whisper.

Jimin's laughter was warm and comforting. "I'm just teasing, Yoongi. But seriously, send the message. I want to know what's been on your mind for the past 15 minutes."

Yoongi's face flushed deeper as he tried to compose himself. "A-ah, yeah... the message... I was just... um... trying to ask you something."

Jimin's chuckle came through the phone again. "Oh, Yoongi... you're so cute when you're flustered. What were you trying to ask me?"

Yoongi's face flushed deeper, but he tried to power through. "W-well, Jin hyung is throwing an engagement party, so... would you like to come with me?" He added quickly, "He asked me to bring you, actually."

Jimin's tone turned playful. "Ah, so Jin hyung wants me there, huh? And you're just being a good friend, inviting me along?"
Yoongi's nervousness returned, but he tried to sound casual. "Y-yeah, something like that. So, will you come with me?

There was a pause on the other end of the line, and Yoongi's heart skipped a beat. Had he misread the situation entirely?

But then Jimin's warm voice came through the phone. "I'd love to, Yoongi. Thank you for inviting me."
Yoongi's nervousness dissipated slightly, replaced by a sense of relief. "R-really? You'll come with me?"

Jimin's warm voice came through the phone. "I'd love to, Yoongi. Thank you for inviting me. And for being a good friend."

Yoongi's heart skipped a beat at the compliment, but he tried to stay focused. "G-great! I'll pick you up at 7, then on Monday?"
Jimin's laughter was gentle. "Sounds perfect, hyung. I'll be ready."

"Jimin?"

"Hmm?" Jimin responded, his voice curious.

"Thanks for... understanding, I guess," Yoongi said, his voice a little softer. "I was really nervous about asking you."

Jimin's laughter was warm and comforting. "Anytime, Yoongi. That's what friends are for, right?"

Yoongi's heart skipped a beat at the word "friends". Deep inside hoped that maybe, just maybe, their friendship could blossom into something more. But he shrugs that feeling off and continues there conversation.

"R-right," Yoongi agreed, trying to sound casual. "I'll see you soon, then."

"Looking forward to it, hyung," Jimin said, his voice warm and gentle.