Chapter- 26

The Khannas sat down for breakfast as Priya emerged from the kitchen. The siblings were engrossed in their banter, talking, teasing, and laughing. Rupali, burning inside from seeing them laugh, however her eyes fixed on Ruhi, piercing through her soul. Ruhi looked up, feeling the gaze, only to find her grandmother glaring at her. She glared back even harder before continuing to eat. Her grandmother was really behaving like a vampire. She wished to taunt her, but Ayu was right beside her, and she couldn't risk her brothers lectures too.

Priya glanced at Prem, who was busy on his phone. She shook her head and stood up to serve him. However, while serving, she accidentally knocked over a glass of juice, splattering it over him.

"Priya!" he exclaimed loudly and stood up abruptly, gaining everyone's attention.

"Why the hell are you doing this? Main kar leta na. I am already getting late, aur ab yeh? What is wrong with you?" he yelled without thinking.

The siblings didn't like his tone nor his behavior. Ruhi looked at his mother, whose eyes were blazing, yet she didn't say anything...

"I would have..."

"Galti se gira hoga s...dad, she didn't do it on purpose." Ruhi interrupted him coldly.

Prem glared at her, "And who told you to interfere?"

Ruhi visibly flinched at his dominating voice, which she heard after a decade or so.

Ayan glared at his father, "Aap Jiji par kyu gussa kar rahe ho Dad? Galti aapki thi....you yelled at mom. Vo toh bas aapki help kar rahi thi."

Prem gazed fixedly at Ayan, and Rudra immediately hid him behind his back, facing his father squarely, "He isn't wrong, Dad. You should..." he trailed off as Priya walked away upstairs, and so did Prem out of the mansion, leaving the siblings baffled.

The mother they knew was a fiery queen. No matter what, she never let her husband walk over her just like that. They still remember how one glare from her used to make their father change his tune... Then what happened today?

     🌈🌈🌈

Rudra drove away from his office distress. He was driving the car and was on a highway bridge when his car stopped suddenly. He came out of the car and looked, only to find the tire punctured. Annoyed, he moved to change the spare tire but didn't find one.

He called his security team, asking them to track him and reach him as soon as possible. He just wanted to unwind, so he came without the team, and now he was annoyed to do so. As he leaned against the car and waited, a sports car came and stood in front of him out of nowhere. Rudra frowned, but soon his face changed into a cold expression as Ravinder Rangnath stepped out of the car.

"Hello, Rudy," the man exclaimed with a smirk.

Rudra clenched his fist to control himself and looked away. The man always rubbed him and Abhay the wrong way. Even after getting beaten to death by Abhay, the moron still had the guts to cross their paths. What annoyed them the most was his interest in their sister! It was a birthday bash for their friend, and Ruhi insisted on joining them. Reluctantly, they agreed, unable to deny her. However, when Ravinder's eyes fell on her, he started to get on their nerves. From that day on, they made sure to keep Ruhi away from all their friends, except for a few. Yet, Ravinder Rangnath was a thick-skinned animal who used to rile them up. He was jealous of their academic scores as well as the way they protected Ruhi from him, which just further enraged him.

"Aree, ek 'hello' hi toh banta hai yaar... after all, we are friends," Ravindra chuckled, leaning on his car.

Rudra sighed, "What do you want, Rangnath?"