Tainted

[A/N]: Hey guys! This is my second story here on Wattpad! Please support me by voting, commenting, and fanning! I hope you guys enjoy ^_^.

>Chapter I - My Power<

I sat down at the park bench with my paintbrush, oil pastel, paint, pencil, and drawing pad. I looked around to see nothing but dull lifeless daisies. I sighed and tried to erase the depression that was building up inside of me. I first started with my pencil. What came to mind was a beautiful rose. I wanted something that wasn't common though. The rose's thorns were elongated into beautiful vines with thorns curling outward and inward. After I added the shading, I dipped my paintbrush into the paint and began to paint the color on the rose carefully. Instead of a normal red rose, I decided to go with black. I added even more detail to it and was finally finished. As soon as I added the last stroke, the picture suddenly flashed. I waited patiently as it was recreated in my left palm as a real black rose. Once it was finished, the paint, lead, and oil gushed out of it, leaving a mess on the park floor. I still didn't know how to fix that, but I would later on.

In this world, those of us who are born with inhumane abilities, or what society calls us, Tainted, are degraded among the human race. We are put in solitary confinement and are hidden from the world. As you can see, my gift is to bring original drawings to life. However, my brother and I were the only ones who were gifted in my family. My brother, Vincent, was born with the gift of summoning the undead, which meant he was basically a necromancer. I still remember the night when they took Vincent.

Flashback

Tears poured out of my eyes as the corpse of our dog, Snow, laid in my arms.

"I wish she could come back..." I kept on whispering.

Vincent swooped Snow from my arms and started to hug her tightly.

"I wish she would come back too...." he whimpered.

Mother and Father came into the living room and sadly looked at us.

"I'm sorry." said Mother shaking her head.

Then, Vincent shrieked. I looked up at him to see Snow moving in his arms. Everyone froze. Mother and Father slowly backed away from Vincent pulling me along.

"ARF!" barked Snow licking Vincent.

"S-Snow?" whispered Vincent.

Snow wagged her tail at Vincent, but when she looked back at Mother, Father, and I, she growled loudly and swiftly jumped out of Vincent's arms to attack me.

"SNOW, NO!" screamed Vincent.

Before she could lunge at me, she paused in her tracks and lowered her head.

"N-n-n-necro....m-m-mance-e-er..." shrieked Father.

"Mother... Father, please don't!" shrieked Vincent going on his knees. "I didn't know I had a gift!"

"GIFT? YOUR TAINTED!" he spat angrily.

Mother was no where in sight, and second later, there were knocks on the door. When Mother opened the door, Tainted police came in and arrested Vincent. Snow was about to lunge at them when they shot her. I stood there in horror as Vincent was pulled out of the house, and Snow's lifeless body remained limp once more.

End of Flashback

That... was six years ago. I was only ten, and Vincent was fourteen. Today I am sixteen, and Vincent is suppose to be twenty. From that day, I never forgave Mother and Father. Mother for calling the Tainted police on him, and Father for degrading his own son.

I put all of my materials in my bag, got up off of the park bench, and decided to call it a day. It was like 8:30 PM, and I knew Mother and Father would be worried. I walked the lonesome streets of this pitiful world still thinking of my brother Vincent. We have been through the thickest and the thin, and I still felt the sibling connection with him.

I pulled my jacket closer to my neck, shivering at how cold and rue the day was. I saw a shadow next me and looked back. I was met by cold eyes starring at me.

"Your gifted, aren't you?" said the man. His voice sent eerie shivers down my spine.

"N-no... I'm regular. Are you Tainted?" I questioned.

He replied with a chuckle. I questionably looked at him and decided to quicken my pace. I was stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed my body was bound to the concrete sidewalk.

"To use the word "Tainted" is quite discriminating, don't you think?" he said in a sad, deep voice.

"Can you unbind me please?" I asked.

"Ah sorry...."

Suddenly my position unfroze and I fell to the ground. I quickly took out my pencil and drawing pad.

"Stay back!" I warned.

He smiled and then let out an ear deafening laugh.

"What are you going to do... draw me?" he said amused.

I opened my drawing pad and sketched the outline of his body covered in chains. When the sketch was quickly done, the picture flashed and suddenly he was chained. His body fell to the floor and he couldn't move.

"I knew it!" he screamed. "I saw you draw the rose and it came to life!" he said excitedly.

I drew duct tape on his mouth and then his words turned into muffled gibberish. I got up and ran as fast as I could. When I was a far enough distance, I erased the picture, and headed towards my house. I put my materials back into my bag and opened the door.

"Hello Alison." said Mother greeting me with a smile.

I ignored her and ran upstairs slamming my door. I hesitated and looked outside of my window. Nothing outside but the parked cars. I sighed in relief and took a hot shower. In the shower I thought about today. I went to school, then the park, and now here. I also had an essay to finish. I thought to myself and decided I should keep my grades consistent. Once I was finished, I started my homework.

Well, how is it? Don't forget to comment, vote, and fan! I wouldn't mind hearing some opinions. Thank you!