Tainted - Chapter V

>Chapter V<

I decided to go exploring. I left my room and walked down the halls. I saw a stairwell and went one story up. In order to enter, there was a password pad that had to be unlocked. I looked at it carefully as I thought. I began tapping random passwords as a red light kept on lighting. I got annoyed and huffed.

"What're you doing?"

I froze and slowly looked back. A man with white hair and red eyes was staring back at me. His skin was tan as his casual white shirt and black torn jeans with Nikes stood out. He towered over me as I stepped back onto the door.

"I was... trying to go inside."

"I see your a newbie?" he questioned.

I nodded in response and watched his unreadable facial expression. He then smiled and hugged me.

"Welcome fellow Gifted!" he said emphasizing Gifted.

"Hello." I said as my body relaxed.

"What is your gift?" he asked as I stepped aside and he went to type in the password.

"I can make original drawings come to life."

"Wow, that's interesting. Mine is 100% enhanced senses and a sixth sense." he said casually.

Damn this guy is casual.

"Sixth sense?"

"Yup-- OH YEAH, super speed."

"That's pretty cool."

"Is it?" he questioned as the door opened. "Welcome to the training room."

We both walked in when suddenly Ashton looked down at me with an evil facial expression.

"Why are you looking at me like that?!" I said uncomfortably.

"Because, this is the training room... and I want to fight you..." he said smirking as his narrowed eyes turned blood red.

"Oh crap." I said running as fast as I could.

I took out one of many pieces of crumbled paper of my drawings out of my pants pocket as I quickly saw what was on it. Good, my figure and wings. I thought for a second when suddenly my back burned a little and wings sprouted on my back. My back felt like someone was pulling on me. The wings were extremely heavy as I struggled to even take flight.

"What the hell!" I yelled.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Ashton running at super speed at me so began to run as I jumped and my wings began to flap as I took flight. I flew to the top of the ceiling and reached in my pockets again. I looked at this drawing and saw a fire mark which meant I could learn fire as an ability. I thought for a second when suddenly fire was in my palms. The fire never burned but the wings were tiring me as I slowly began to descend.

I flew down to Ashton and started throwing fireballs at him. With his enhanced sense and super speed, he was able to easily dodge them. Suddenly, he jumped up at me and caught my leg. Caught by surprise, I began to shake him off and gasped when he began to pull on my wings. I flew straight up to the ceiling and my head hit one of the lights. I quickly took out a piece of paper and felt fire surge in my fingertips. I threw many fireballs at him until he let go. A scared scream left my mouth as I went flying to the floor.

This had never happened before, I should've tested wings before something like this happen.

"I GOT YOU!" screamed Ashton as he caught me and fell to the floor.

I began to pant hard as sweat trickled down my face.

"Your power is amazing." he said smiling. "Tell me, you keep paper with drawings in your pocket just in case something happens, right?"

"Yes... but since it's crumbled, the power doesn't work as well." I replied as he put me down.

"That was fun... we should train together sometimes."

"Yeah, we should. By the way... why are your eyes red and your hair is white?"

"I was born albino, but at least I don't squirm in the sun or is deathly pale, I mean, isn't it awesome that I'm tanned?"

"I guess so, you're a lucky one!"

"Hell yeah I am." he said laughing. "Anyways, let's go. You should go back to your room, we have a meeting planned tomorrow."

We both headed downstairs and Ashton gave me a pat on the head.

"See ya later, squirt." he said laughing.

"Shut up Ashton!" I said smiling and closed the door behind me.

I plopped down on the bed and smiled. Today was a nice day.