celebration

"Who is Rachel?" Carlos asked.

I fell silent. Because I didn't want to answer, Ella did it for me.

'She once humiliated Malia really badly in front of everyone and said nasty things to her. Rachel also attacked Malia once so that she had a black eye for weeks,' Ella explained for me.

'I'm sorry about that, baby,' Carlos whispered softly in my ear.

'Then show us what you've got,' Carlos asked Jack and me.

Jack and I just smiled. Then we played two against two and of course I won. Attacking shots were good and precise. Carlos was very impressed. Mom and Dad then came home too. We went to my room just before the party. Jack helped me pick out an outfit for the party. He chose a skin-tight, white evening dress. However, I wanted Carlo's opinion, but he was no longer in my room, and neither was Ella.

"Can I pick something from you?" Jack asked me while I was looking for Carlos and Ella.

I just gave him the thumbs up. I heard familiar voices in the corridor. They were standing there, talking, but it didn't seem very friendly. I was beginning to think they were even arguing. But why? was the question.

"Everything okay with you?" I interrupted them.

'Yes, everything's fine,' said Carlos, turning his gaze away from Ella and looking at me.

Ella walked past me into my room.

'Are you sure you're OK?' I asked worriedly.

His yes convinced me. His eyes scrutinized my outfit.

'You look beautiful, love,' he said, enamored.

'Thank you,' I thanked him and kissed him briefly.

'Sweetie, I have something to tell you,' he changed the subject.

I listened to him sincerely.

'Mali, you have to help me. I can't find a suitable outfit,' Ella interrupted us.

'There's a dress in the wardrobe,' I tried to get rid of her.

'But it won't suit me, please come and help me,' she begged me.

I gave Carlos an annoyed look.

'Go on, we'll discuss it later,' he gave in.

'Really?' I asked.

His smile gave me confirmation. Together in my room, we picked out outfits. Jack was wearing a pair of white, casual jeans. Combined with a white shrug and a short white shirt over it. He also had a white pearl necklace with a fat cross hanging around his neck. It suited him. Ella wore a white, striped skirt and a matching white, striped top. She wore her hair down. Carlos wore white linen trousers and a white sweater. We also wore our bracelets. We got into the car with my parents, but there was one problem - there was one seat too few.

'Sit on my lap,' Carlos suggested.

I was more than happy to sit on him. Leaning against the window, I smiled at him. His hands were on my hips.

'You don't know how hard it is for me right now,' he whispered softly in my ear.

'You asked for it,' I replied, laughing, but still quietly.

'Better than you sitting on Jack's lap,' he breathed. Shrugging my shoulders was my answer.

"Oh God, how much longer is the car ride going to take?" Carlos became increasingly tense.

'Five minutes,' I smiled at him.

He rolled his eyes because he was really under pressure.

"What about my promised surprise?" he remembered.

'You'll get it after the party,' I said mysteriously.

I could see on Carlo's face that he was thinking about what it could be. After a few minutes, we arrived at Ella's. Out of the car, Carlos grabbed my hand. Then we went into Ella's enchanting house. Everyone was already gathered in the garden, they were all chatting and music was playing. There were about ten people there. Ella immediately fell into Mario's arms, which surprised me that he was even here.

"Did you know Mario was going to be here?" I asked Carlos, who was also surprised.

"No, really surprised," he replied.

'Malia, Carlos, come here,' Ella called to us.

Mario hugged me in greeting. Carlos made the acquaintance of Ella's parents. Then I saw Ella's cousin, Nicolas. I always liked him a lot, which is why I fell into his arms.

'Oh God, I've missed you,' we broke away. Carlos stood behind me.

'And I missed you first, darling,' he said with a smile on his lips.

'Nik, this is Carlos, my boyfriend. Baby, this is Nicolas, Ella's cousin,' I introduced the two of them.

They both shook hands in a friendly manner. Nicolas lit a cigarette.

'You're the tennis player who's in the final, aren't you?" Nik asked him.

'Exactly,' said Carlos.

I'm going to get us a drink,' Carlos breathed softly.

I felt him kiss my cheek. I just nodded and sat down next to Nik. Nicolas is three years older than us and studies at Harvard. I used to have a crush on him, but nobody knew about it. Nicolas was always nice to me and through Ella we spent a lot of time together.

'You've become a pretty lady,' Nik began.

'Thank you,' I smiled at him.

What I also found attractive about Nik were his stunning tattoos, which made him even more attractive than he already was. Nik is about six feet tall and has jet black hair.

"What's it like at Harvard? Do you like it there?" I asked him.

At the same time, Carlos joined us, put the drinks down and listened to our conversation.

'Yes, it's really great there, studying is really great fun,' he replied happily.

'You know, Nik is studying law,' I explained to Carlos.

As time went on, Mario, Ella and Jack joined us. It became a fun round. Carlos' hand was permanently on my thigh and I kept noticing glances from Nik's side, but I ignored them. Shortly before midnight, we decided to do something as a group. We drove into town together. We got something to eat and sat/laid down in the park. The air was refreshing. Music was playing in the background. The smoke from the cigarette rose into the sky. I was leaning against Carlos and my legs were over Nik's legs. It was comfortable.