Thirteen

~HAZEL~

"Zane's whore; that's all she is." His voice came off cold and detached as he spoke to her.

The venom in her eyes as she glared at me suddenly vanished into a sly smile. "Really? I thought she was yours," she flirted with a pout.

"You should know better than insinuating that I'd have something to do with girls like her." He drawled, his voice slow, and his eyes void of affection.

"Pardon me for thinking that your brothers had the same taste in girls as you." She purred.

If people weren't watching, I'd hit her with a nearby glass, thinking that she could disrespect me like this. Wait.

Why was I even thinking of fighting over a man who passed to another? Actually, he told nothing but the truth, as we weren't items, and there was a high chance that Zane would make us official when he returned.

I had the chance of having fun with Asher if he allowed and locking the doors of our illicit desires after tomorrow.

When Asher didn't respond to her last statement, she casually glanced at me with mischief before turning to him again. "Since she's nothing special, as you say, maybe we can hook up later at the ball? You know how much I've missed you, Ash."

Nobody has ever called him that. He hated nicknames, but here the red head stood, getting away with every rule that he had set for his members and the students of his academy.

Refusing to let any of them see me riled up, I bit my lips and let out mental curses. Her parting shot, a scathing look that left me feeling dirty, was the final straw. As soon as she sashayed away, I flared up at Asher.

"How could you lie about me like that?" I demanded.

"Lie? That's not my thing."

"Yes, it is because you just did that!"

"Are you not his whore?"

"No, I am not."

"Then you are Tyler's whore then."

"Can you stop? Have you cared to think about my feelings for one second?"

"You're the last person I would ever care about, Hazel." He breathed.

It felt like he had punched the last air in my gut, and I was losing myself bit by bit.

"You can't say that to me, not when you came back to save me."

He scoffed, looking at me like I had taken a hundred steps ahead of whatever relationship we had. "You're my brothers' plaything, so that means I have to be responsible for their property."

"If you felt annoyed that I ruined your one-in-a-lifetime chances of being fucked by those nitwits, then I might as well send you to the same cell they had been thrown into." He threatened me.

"I never said any of that, so stop trying to change the topic and make me feel stupid for thinking that you cared so much about my wellbeing that you had to waste your gas by reversing your car to come back!" I fired back at him.

I didn't care if others were around; it was just him and me in this universe. I just had to set things straight; I wouldn't be a victim of mixed signals.

"It is not that deep." He counted his words, and they echoed multiple times in my head, but they never sank in.

"Look, whatever fantasy you have in that head of yours, get me out of it. Tomorrow, I could be with my chosen Luna, and you'd be forced to face your other option, who might dump your ass for cheating on him with both brothers."