Chapter 1-18: The Fortuneteller

A/N: I'm removing Kataang from my fic bc I don't like it and also... this is Katara x OC. Aang gets nobody and he's a simp. That is all, enjoy!

I wake up on Appa's saddle, and I'm actually able to open my eyes! I try to move anything else, but I'm only able to control my facial muscles. Well, something's better than nothing, right? I yawn and clear my throat, and I hear a gasp nearby.

Katara exclaims, "She's finally awake!" She climbs into the saddle and helps me sit up and lean against her, asking me, "Are you okay? You've been out for two days!"

I blink a couple times, trying to adjust to the light and mutter, "I'm okay now. Thanks for saving me, Aang. I was starting to think you guys forgot about me."

Sokka runs over from where he was fishing, saying, "Are you kidding? I mean, I know you're Fire Nation and all, but you're our friend! We've been searching for you non-stop!"

I chuckle, tearing up a bit as I hear that. They were looking for me.

Aang asks, "If you're comfortable answering, what did Zhao all do to you?"

I cough a couple times, nearly falling onto my face before Katara catches me, and I respond, "A lot of things. Think you can handle the details?"

Aang seems to think about it for a moment, then slowly nods.

I start, "He starved me for the first week, keeping me chained up in the servant's quarters and giving me a new burn every day until I finally agreed to serve him." I blush a bit as I say the next part, "I... bonded quite a bit with one of the servant girls there..." My blush goes away, and I frown, trying not to cry as I add, "But Zhao, who's an Admiral now, had her killed when we tried to escape when we docked."

My friends gasp in horror, and I take a deep breath to steady myself.

I continue, "I watched her go, and I got hit by an arrow dipped in highly-consentrated Shirshu venom. That's why I haven't been able to move until now. I really only have control over my face right now, and it'll probably be another week before I have full control over myself."

Katara looks reluctant to say it, but she asks, "And... your arm?"

I respond, "I'm not sure, actually. I'm guessing he broke it when I was passed out from the venom. Thanks for wrapping it up and removing the arrow, by the way. I feel much better."

Katara smiles, saying, "Of course! You probably shouldn't use your arms much until they're healed. We'll try to keep you out of fights for now so you can heal properly."

I say, "Sounds good. I'm not sure I'm very fight-ready right now anyway. I've only had a single small meal per day and I'm not sure how long I was passed out from the venom. At least I was awake when Aang found me, I just couldn't open my eyes."

My stomach growls loudly, and Sokka says, "Well, I should probably go back to fishing. You need food."

I say, "I'm so hungry I'd eat just about anything, but not fish."

Sokka asks, "Why not? Fish is good!"

I respond, "I'm allergic to seafood."

Sokka says, "Oh. Huh. I didn't know you could be allergic to fish."

Aang says, "It's okay, Ryu. I went rummaging in the woods earlier for some fruits and nuts since I don't eat fish, either. Want some of those?"

My stomach rumbles again, and I say, "Spirits, fresh fruit sounds so good right now."

Sokka goes back to fishing in ankle-deep water, and Aang places his bag of fruits and nuts on the saddle, then sits down against Appa, fiddling with some string. Katara slices some fruit into smaller pieces and removes the shells from the nuts. She helps me eat, reminding me of Crystal. I blush a little, trying not think of her, because I know I'll just end up crying if I think of her too much. Once the fruits and nuts are half gone, Katara packs up the rest back into Aang's bag.