Chapter 7 - Trouble Ahead

I ran over excitedly to Joey and his friends to share the thrilling news that they'd been invited to Leo's after party. They were dubious at first so I called Leo over to convince them it was not a hoax.

When everyone was happy to leave, we and the extended group (which now consisted of Leo's film crew, Justin and his plus two, Joey and his gang) walked down the stairs from the VIP room and outside to the waiting chauffeured cars. Led and followed by both Leo and Justin's security teams.

The warmth of the evening air hit me once I stepped outside and away from the chilled air-conditioned club.

We spotted the large fancy SUVs with blacked out windows and started walking towards them when a commotion from across the street made me turn abruptly.

"That's them over there" a voice cried.

"Hey bitch!" another male shouted.

The squeals and screaming became louder until we saw a group of four men and four women being held back by Leo's security team. Justin's team ushered us towards the waiting cars.

"Get them into the car. NOW!" Shouted Justin's head of security into his earpiece. I felt arms grabbing at me and frantic rush of being bundled into the waiting cars. Before I got in, I looked  over my shoulder, towards the group and recognised the men from earlier. The prep boy was looking sheepish with a very angry looking, skinny, brunette dressed in a tank top, tight denim mini skirt and barely there kitten heels.

"You fucking slag. Who do you think you are conning my client into sleeping with your ugly ass!" she was screaming and pointing her finger towards me.

"Did she just say client?" I spun towards Leo who was stood behind me protectively.

"Yeah don't answer her. Get in the car!" he held my hand to steady myself whilst climbing into the car.

"No, on second thoughts," I jumped down from the car's step plate, "If she wants a fight, I'll..." 

I was about to walk towards the screaming woman but Leo spun me round, back towards the car, holding me tightly from behind. "She is not worth your career or the slander in the press ." Leo warns in a calm and soothing voice.

"She does not get to shout shit about me. I need to find out what she wants." I clasp my hands together to plead, "Listen, I will not stoop to her level. I will talk to her calm. I deal with high stress situations at work remember?"

Realising I will not back down, he steps aside and follows closely behind. Clicks his fingers to signal for his security team to get into place in case of the first sign of trouble.

I walk slowly and casually towards them, Justin has joined me by my side. "I got you" he says quietly to me, I turn and squeeze his hand to express my thanks.

As I approach the shouting and swearing group, I ask the security team to step aside so we can talk one on one. The angry woman started walking towards me.  I put my hand up to signal "Stop" which she ignored and lunged forward to swing for my face. I quickly stepped backwards and the security staff stood in between us.

"If you want to talk, I'm here. If you want a fight, these guys will step in. Which one do you want?" I asked in a calm but confident manner.

"I want to sue the fuck out of you. Cheap whore. I am representing my clients to..." she pointed at prep boy and the skinny one.

"What's your relationship with said clients?" I interrupted

"None of your fucking business," she said angrily "All you need to know is I am a shit hot lawyer and you have fucked with my clients. I'm going to take you for all you have!"

I laughed. "Well if you are truly, a shit or hot lawyer," I scratched my head in confusion, "Can't remember which you said," I hold my hands up in apology,  

"Sorry I digressed. If you are a qualified lawyer who has passed the bar and legally able to practice law in this state then you will already know, it is my business what your relationship is if you are suing me. I'll need to ring my business associate to confirm but I am pretty certain you are supposed to disclose sexual relations with your clients. i.e. it's a conflict of interest if you are sleeping with your clients!"

I turn towards the skinny guy, "Although you could however represent that other guy", pointing to him, "...unless you are fucking him too." 

The girl next to him, possibly his girlfriend, did not look amused with this statement. She stared back and forth between the two. There was an awkward silence where neither of them denied the accusation either.

Silence. I am one hundred percent certain I have recited a rule that may be an urban myths but it sounded pretty good. Plus I did say I would need to check with an associate so technically wasn't telling  a lie. If it turns out I was in the wrong, I will take the mighty high road and apologise to the sour faced woman.

"Once you get hold of my details and are able to serve me my papers, that is", I smile wickedly, "I will happily counter with my smoking hot team of lawyers who chew and spit pips like you for breakfast"

"You are bluffing. You are a nobody who leeches off these A list fools," She scowls, "Worth nothing to these except for that well used thing between your legs" 

Leo had heard enough of her vulgar words and walked towards them. The men started squaring up but stopped when the security staff edged forward.

"Hey madam." Leo turns towards their angry lawyer, "I respect you for sticking up for these  guys." Leo put one hand on his chest with genuine empathy. "Save your intelligent words for the courts if you so wish. But don't you dare use slander against other women. That I cant respect" He clasped his hands together, bowed his head and walked back towards the car. 

"You think you're all high and mighty. She is a worthless piece of trash" she carried on unable to stop shouting.

"As you heard from the man. Stop using slander. These are being witnessed and could be used against you in court. A self respecting lawyer carries themselves with dignity." 

I take out my business card from my purse, "I'll save you the hassle of hiring a private detective. Here take my card." , and flick it towards them. "...I'll, I mean, we'll be waiting", I winked and smiled whilst she picked up my card "...to counter!"

I turn on my heels without waiting to see their reaction when they read my business card. I imagine it'll be a shock then hesitation to see my title. If they do come for me, I'll be prepared for war. Harv had better have my back.

...

I found myself sat in the blacked out Range Rover Sports, in between Justin and Leo. The others got in the luxury minivan whilst the security team followed in a convoy of Range Rovers. A must for travelling in privacy, speed and protection.

Once In the safety of the car. I broke down and started to shake. Justin wanted to hold on to me but Leo noticed first and put his protective arms across my shoulders.

"You were fucking awesome." Leo bit his knuckles, "I could not have written a better script", he said with an air of pride in his voice.

The atmosphere eased and we laughed about the events leading up to the potential law suit coming our way. We agreed that it was best to not discuss the situation for now as the night was still young and plenty more drinking hours to fit in.

"It may turn out to be nothing. Let's not even spend another minute worrying about it for now. I doubt she has the balls!" piped Leo.

"Yeah! Lets just enjoy the rest of the night." Justin said reassuringly and grabbed my arm, waved it in the air in time to the music blasting from the car speakers. "Let's party like it's 1999!"

"Were you even born then?" I laughed.