Part- 33

Haeyeon reached the hospital and rushed towards the emergency room. Her shirt still covered with the blood stains of Jae. 

"Where's Jae?" she asked to one of her guards. "Boss! Doctors are operating him. They just took him to the O.T," he replied. 

Haeyeon was constantly marching from left to right in front of the O.T. She was praying internally and was avoiding all the negative thoughts that were coming in her mind.

The operation went on for 2 hours. After 2 hours a surgeon came out and Haeyeon rushed towards him and said, "He is safe, right?"

"I'm afraid! We have taken out the bullet. But it went right through his heart so his condition is quite serious. He hasn't gain senses yet and that's what is concerning. We've kept him under observation. Let's just pray!" the doctor said and left.

Haeyeon felt like there's no energy left in her body and she sat in the floor abruptly. The doctors words were playing in her mind.

"His condition is quite serious! His condition is quite serious! His condition is quite ser....!" These lines were constantly running in her head.

She couldn't bear it anymore. Her breathing became uneven and she realized that she was having panic attack. She got up and began to run outside the hospital even though she stumbled in her way. She came out and ran far at a distance from the hospital. She came near a cherry tree and sat beside it. She realized her condition will worsen if she doesn't take any step. Closing her eyes and placing her hand above her heart she began to say,

Wh....en did things sta...rt to go wrong?
I can't rem....ember at a...ll
I whis...per as I hide myself..f in this sm..all room
D...arkness is my onl..y friend
M..y hand reac..hing out for sal...vation
A..m I stra..nge?
A roo..m stained with b...lood
Ple..ase, some..body save m..e

Haeyeon barely managed to sing. She knows that this is the only thing that can calm her heart right now. She couldn't say the words properly but she didn't stop for a moment.

Hide in the m....oonlight
The..re ain't no miracle..es
My hop...es are hu..mble
Hi..de in the moonlig..ht
I'm n..ot asking for a l..ot
B..ut I gues..s it's too m...uch
At the end of this s...leepless twil..ight
Feels like I str..ayed thro..ugh this nigh..tmare
Wit..h my eyes wide op..еn
Cam..e like a miracle, look lik..е a miracle
Just lik..e a miracle, tho..se few wo...rds

Meanwhile the members along with Leam came to the hospital. They couldn't resist themselves when they found out the condition of Jae. 

"How's Jae?" Leam asked one of the guards. 

"Still the same," he replied. 

"Where's Haeyeon?" Jin asked anxiously as he didn't see her anywhere. 

"She left a while ago and didn't say anything to us," the guard replied.

Jin was about to leave the place but Leam held his hand and asked, "Where are you going?" 

"To Haeyeon!" Jin replied. 

"No, stay here! I can't let you go alone after this situation," Leam said. 

"And I guess I'm not asking for permission!" Jin said and glared. It was useless to argue with him as he doesn't listen to anybody when he decides something to do. So Leam didn't protest him and send one of the guards with him.

You a..re my f..ate

Haeyeon calmed herself a bit. The lyrics were audible enough.

 Meanwhile Jin was looking for Haeyeon around the hospital but couldn't find her. He went out and walked at a distance but couldn't find her. He got worried because he was unsure about Haeyeons situation. He saw a cherry tree at a distance and decided to walk towards it. While walking towards it a voice was heard by him. He began to take long steps towards it. Somewhere he was feeling that Haeyeon was there sitting behind and uttering the words. He came closer and the lyrics became more audible. And then he came through..

No words can exp..ress it enough
Salv..ation that sa..ved a we..aried me
Is that easier to g..rasp
Those fe..w wor..ds that saved me
I'll be by your side af..ter many nights
Oh, yeah
I'll sta..y by your side even i..f my feet bleed

Haeyeon ended the song with the lines and somewhere she found herself in a state of relief.

Please, you s..tay alive
Ple..ase, you stay alive
Please, yo..u stay alive

She cried, cried a lot that moment. She couldn't hold herself back anymore. It happened for the first time in so many years. She was vulnerable thinking of the uncertain things. She feared that she'll loose Jae forever. Bending her head down, she was crying miserably. As if the tears won't stop. As if it had some unknown pain hidden in it.

Seokjin came and sat beside her. She sensed that he was here beside her. She looked at him. Her eyes swollen. She looked miserable. Something stabbed at Jin's heart when he looked at her. He wanted to wipe those tears and say that everything will be alright. But he held himself back.

"He wi..will be safe , right?" Haeyeon asked Jin. He couldn't hold himself back. He cupped her face,wiped out the tears. "Jae will be all right! He is the strongest one among us right? You'll see he'll wake up saying, Meany I'm hungry! Give me some food!" Jin said and smiled. Some where it put a smile in her face as well.

The moment they realized what they weredoing they backed off.

"Let's get back!" Jin said. Both of them came back to the hospital.

The doctor monitored Jae and came out of the room and saw Haeyeon standing at the door. "You can meet him now but only one person at a time!" Hearing this Haeyeon rushed inside and saw Jae lying unconscious in the bed. She took small steps towards him and sat on the tool beside his bed. She looked at him and the beautiful memories of them having dinner together, working together, going on a trip every little thing flashed in front of her eyes. She cupped his hand and held it. She didn't say anything. She sat there holding his hand. Seconds passed, minutes passed, hours passed.......Jae didn't regain consciousness. Jungkook came one time in between to call Haeyeon but she didn't leave the room. She said she'll come out once Jae regains. Knowing how adamant Haeyeon is Jungkook didn't say anything and came out of the room.

Five hours passed. Suddenly a movement was noticed by Haeyeon and she saw Jae moving his fingers slightly. His brows squinting and eyes barely trying to open. Haeyeon's eyes got wider and she held his hand tightly and patted his head. "Mo...moony?" she said.

"Ha...hae...yeo...n!" Jae barely said and opened his eyes. 

"Ye..yes...I'm here!" Haeyeon said anxiously. "Your meany is here bud!" Haeyeon said and cried. She hugged him and said, "Thank God! Th..Thank God you are safe!I....I go...got scared... I ...I thought I'll lo..loose you!" Haeyeon was crying like a baby while hugging him.

Jae raised one of his hand slowly and patted her head. 

"shu...shush! I'm fine now. I..i'll never..ev...ever leav....leave you al..alone! Moony ..will..ne..never le..leave his mea..meany's side! Sa..same goe..goes fo...for you!" Jae said.

"Promise!" Haeyeon said and got up. "I'll call the doctor!" she said and went out of the room.

                                                    ----------------------X--------------------------

Hi lovelies. Hope all of you are doing well. Here's the another part. Some excciting things will start from now on wards. Just be by myside as you were always. 

Stay safe, healthy and happy!

                                                                                                                                                                                Love 'E'