Chapter 7: The Hogwarts Express

The compartment door banged open. Both Monty and Bambi about jumped out of their seats, their eyes wide and frightened by the sudden noise. Monty slid under the seat, hunched over with his fur sticking straight up.

"Ginny?? I thought Mom told you that you had to wait another year!" A voice called from behind her.

Bambi quickly turned to see who had just slammed her compartment door open, her eyes wide.

"I don't think that's Ginny, Fred," Said one redheaded boy to the identical one on his side.

The first twin nodded in agreement with the other.

Standing in front of her, were two identical redhead boys with sparkling brown eyes, and mischievous smiles that were beginning to appear on their faces.

"You're not some long lost secret sibling are you? I don't remember there being any more of us around, do you George?" The first twin asked the other immediately after his brother nodded, sitting down across from Bambi.

"No, I don't, Fred," The other said, taking a seat next to his brother. They both stared at her with wide eyes and big cheek to cheek grins.

"Uh," Bambi didn't know how to respond. "I don't think so- no..."

The twins laughed again.

"Who's Ginny?" Bambi asked quietly, her eyebrows knitting together.

"Our sister," They said together.

"She was on the platform with us, perhaps you've seen her? Red hair, brown eyes, lots of freckles..." They both looked at her expectantly, looking her face up and down, as if they expected Bambi to say, "Oh right, I look just like your supposed sister. Hello, I'm Ginny now!"

"They want to mess with me" Bambi thought, seeing the way their dark eyes were swirling excitedly, as if they had just found a new target to mess with. She had seen that same look in Monty's eyes when he was being naughty, trying to stalk Gerald.

Bambi thought for a moment but then shook her head, "I don't know..." She leaned forward towards them, curiously, "Does she have an annoying twin also?" Bambi tilted her head to the side, smiling sweetly.

The boys looked at each other once again, obviously not expecting the seemingly shy girl to say something like this. Cheeky grins appeared on their faces.

"Well you have some wit to you for a first year, I bet we'll get on quite well." Said the first twin, sticking out his hand to her.

"Indeed," said the other, sticking his other hand out, both of them shaking her hands at the same time.

"Fred and George Weasley," They introduced themselves.

"I'm Bambi-" Bambi paused, "Hold on, I'm not a first year." She corrected them, "I'm a third year, I just transferred from..." She thought about her upbringing but didn't know how to explain all of that, "I just transferred." 

The twins tilted their heads, something she had said, or the lack of information she had said, had piqued their curiosity.

"A third year! You're so small..."

"Very small." The other said.

Bambi wanted to cross her arms over her chest, in a way to hide herself. She felt self-conscious about her size.

"Yeah, well, my father and I did lots of traveling... I learned a lot from the different countries we went to and such- there was no one place for me to transfer from... So guess I was homeschooled? But then again, I never really had one place to call home." She rambled a bit.