Chapter 2: Meetup & Confusion

‘Ugh, where is J?’ Amity thinks searching in a wide circle, gliding. She scans the horizon for any indication of J flying, before sighing. ‘Probably should head back,’ V reasons in their head. ‘Yeah, I’ve got this feeling that I don’t particularly enjoy,’ Amity agrees, and angles back towards the spire. When within a kilometer of the spire, she hears a high pitched whine, before a green flash erupts briefly inside the spire. Amity instantly is on guard, and lands on the outside of the spire, peeking in through the skylight. What she sees horrifies her for a brief moment. N has his head blown clean off, his neck joint sparking from the absence of a head to connect to. His body thuds to the floor, limp and lifeless. Both V and Amity are angered by this, especially when near N’s body was a worker drone that looked emo, but had what Amity would consider a functional ray gun. ‘Oh no you didn’t!’ Amity and V think, and she swoops down, landing right in front of the worker, slicing the gun in half, careful not to disturb the core that acts as its power source, as it would explode if harmed. “The hell?!” the worker drone exclaims, surprised. Making one of her hands an MP5, Amity aims it at the drone. “Give me one reason why I shouldn’t make balloon animals out of your corpse?” Amity asks threateningly. V is egging her on to shoot the drone, but Amity wants to at least know the reason this drone decided killing N was right. “Well, because he tried to eat me and blow up my face!” the drone, who seemed to have emotional repression issues, says, not at all scared of the gun pointed directly at her core. “Why else?” Amity asks, her LED facial display changing from the disassembly drones hunting signature “><” to eyes that conveyed skepticism. “Well, seems as you all hunt us down because of a corrupt organization because you know nothing else but what you’ve been programmed to do. I feel like it was a justified reason to shoot off his head in self defense,” the drone said defensively. Amity hears a gurgling noise, and keeps the gun trained on the worker drone, before looking over to see N’s head reform out of extremely hot metal, plastic, and oil. A reboot bar displayed on his visor, and before he could fully reboot, the worker drone slapped him with an arm that was on the ground. N’s display shows a slight error, one of his crown-lights going from yellow to red, and he blinks a couple times, with an amused expression. “Did you just slap me with that arm?” N asks innocently, pointing to the worker drone. “Holy crap it talks,” the worker drone says with mock surprise. Amity flicks the drone’s display in annoyance. “Not helping,” she says, to V’s amusement. The worker grumbles, in a typical angsty teen way that she had previously shown. ‘Huh, didn’t even ask,’ Amity thinks but shrugs it off. “Oh, hey V,” N says, which V instantly realizes his memory may be a bit damaged. ‘Act like me, or a mixture of both our personalities,’ V instructs Amity, to which Amity sighs. “Hey loser,” Amity says, internally cringing. It reminded her so much of when she used to bully Willow from before her world got changed for the better by a clumsy human. ‘Wait…’ Amity pondered, looking again at the gothic worker drone. The drone looks back, unamused, but also in a familiar stance. ‘I’ll wait, I can’t be too sure right now. I’ll let her reach out first,’ Amity thinks, to which V giggles. ‘Not very trusting easily when it stares ya in the face are you?’ V chimes in with her bolt for thought. ‘Oh hush… Titan I think I am starting to get affected sharing a mind with you.’ Amity retorts. V just shrugs in their mindscape. On the worker drone’s side of things, a similar conversation happened in her mind. ‘So you mean to tell me you think THAT is your girlfriend?!’ Uzi nearly yells in their mind. Luz sighs softly, ‘Yes, I do. I’m sure of it, just by the way that disassembly drone carries herself… it's just… it's all confusing and I don’t know how to feel about it.’ Luz thinks, groaning as she feels her mind get “teenagered” again. Uzi giggles softly. ‘Well, I don’t know about you, but I think I’m rubbing off on ya,’ she jeers in their mind. ‘Oh hush…. Titan I am getting affected by our shared mindscape.’ Luz thought with an odd sense of deja vu, like when she and Amity used to say the same things at the same time, but in different places.

   After getting everything sorted out, and helping N get back into the pod, the trio just stare at each other, in awkward silence. “So…. what are we waiting for exactly?” the worker, who introduced herself as Uzi, said impatiently. “Well, figuring out what to do with you and scramble-brain here,” Amity says, to which N just blinks innocently. “Well, while we wait for inevitable doom to descend, who are you 2?” Uzi asks. “I’m N! I’m basically the leader of the squad!” N says with enthusiasm, before rambling about something self-deprecating. “Hey, stop that,” Uzi says, smacking him gently to stop the rant he was beginning. “Sorry! I wasn’t supposed to say that hehe,” N says with slight nervousness. Amity just rolls her eyes, finding his antics just adorable, but not wanting to show it while he had memory issues. “Why were you here though Uzi?” Amity asks, because if she knew something, she knew workers were just utterly spineless and cowards. “I was uh, doing a school project that needed an undamaged fusion core.” Uzi says, as it was half true. “I see. So you decided to go to the most dangerous place on this planet, hoping the drones that made it dangerous were not present when you did, and hoped to get something that is highly explosive if not cared for?” Amity says pointing out the illogicalness of Uzi’s statement. “Yeah…” Uzi says, nervously. Amity studies Uzi’s visor, waiting for the LED’s to change barely to signify any lie. “Okay then. You probably should go though, J doesn’t take kindly to drones who have no worth,” V said, letting Amity not have to say that, as V knew it would harm her mentally. “Right, bayiiii!” Uzi says, and gets out of the pod, picking up her railgun and rushing back to the colony. V blinks, knowing exactly from Amity’s memories that only a few people would say it like that. “Amity, I think Uzi is Luz,’ She thinks to her, to which Amity takes over, gasping softly and her tail smacks N’s head hard enough to reset him for a proper reboot cycle. “She is?! How, wait…. IT WORKED YES YES OH TITAN IT WORKED!” Amity says, jumping about barely containing her excitement. V takes over to prevent Amity from accidentally sticking their nanite acid tail in anything and slowly corrode their already barely functional pod. N reboots successfully, blinking a bit. “Hey V, why are you looking like you’re barely holding together from excitement?” he asks. “AMity just heard from me that the little worker drone could be her dead girlfriend incarnate like how she is with me,” V explains, and Aity takes over. “She is so close and I didn’t even say hi or anything, I feel like such a loser!” Amity whines, which made V’s body look hilarious. N doesn’t laugh, as J decided at that moment to land atop of the pod. “Idiots! Get out here!” J commands, and N and V share a look of ‘Oh Shit’.

A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry that this chapter is short, I've decided to work on another story primarily while I plan this one out, and I hope this doesn't come as a shock lol. That being said, I will update this as often as I can! Until then, stay sharp, don't eat batteries if your human, and make sure to resist all temptations by The Absolute Fabric Of  The Universe Absolute Solver..... Crap.

-End Transmission -