Tick Tock

To say Carver's side was sore is an understatement

     To say Carver's side was sore is an understatement. The lack of anesthesia used when creating her own stitches was not pleasant. The sympathy she feels for Peeta skyrockets since she did the same thing to him in their last games with a much worse injury. The four of them are hungrily munching on the fish Finnick caught and the shellfish Peeta found.

Carver finishes the large tuna that's in her hand before throwing it across the sand. They all have been enjoying the peace of being on the beach. It's honestly a surprise no one has come to bother them by now. Finnick notices Carver finish eating, "You want the rest of mine?" He asks kindly, offering her his fish.

She shakes her head, "No, you need to eat. The last thing I need is you dying from starvation." She leans her head on her knees, keeping her eyes fixed on Finnick.

He smiles at her response and continues to eat. He bites into the meat harshly, his adams apple bobbing as he swallows. She continues staring at the man which makes him chuckle, "What?" He asks her amused.

"Nothing." She shrugs with a chuckle of her own. "Am I not allowed to look at you?" She stares at him expectantly.

"I never said that." His smirk is so contagious that it makes Carver smile widely. "I'm just wondering what I did to warrant such positive attention."

"You didn't have to do anything." Her expression turns into a serious sweetness. "And who said the attention was positive?" She raises a teasing eyebrow.

Finnick scoffs before flicking sand in her direction. Carver looks at him in disbelief before throwing her own handful of sand at him. The blonde wastes no time in chucking his fish to the side and tackling Carver into the sand below. He's careful of her side, of course. He pins her arms over her head as she squirms beneath him.

"Let me go!" She tries to pull her wrists out of his grip. "I can't breathe. You're too heavy." She gasps out.

"Are you calling me fat?" He questions with mock offense.

"Yes." She deadpans but immediately regrets it as he lays completely on top of her. She groans loudly, not even able to roll over.

"Take it back." He says next to her ear. Carver stubbornly shakes her head which makes Finnick stick the fingers he used to hold the raw fish near her nose.

Carver gags loudly and turns her head rapidly, "Stop!" She begs with an airy chuckle. "Stop! Please!"

Peeta and Katniss watch their allies from afar as Finnick continues to mess with Carver. A couple of weeks ago, Katniss wouldn't have believed that their relationship was anything more than friendship. But the more time she spends with them, the more she realizes what true love looks like. The rest of the Districts seem to love the duo's banter too as a mechanical chime echoes above them. Finnick gets off of Carver as the parachute floats to the floor. Katniss and Peeta travel closer as Carver grasps the gift.