(10) The Great Paldea Empire Resurfaces

The Downfall of Geeta, The Rise of Briar

We cut back to Geeta's fight with Briar, with Geeta's Kingambit sent being out, and Briar taking in pleasure of watching Geeta at the last of her team.

"It seems you are down to your last leg, whileTerapagos only getting started with my ascension to Empress of Paldea!"

Geeta puts her hand to his face, in her battle pose, and commands Kinggambit to use Iron Head and it knocks Terapagos back a few feet!

Briar's looks stunned, and Geeta merely sighs, asking if Briar knew anything about pokebattling since Kingambit being her last pokemon was all a part of her plan. Geeta then explains Kingambit's supreme overlord ability and how she basically played into her hands...as she commands Kingambit to use Kowtow Cleave repeatedly on Terapagos. Briar mindlessly tells Terapagos to attack, but without any proper direction or orders...he easily loses to the more powerful Champion's Ace.

Terapagos is knocked around in the air back and forward, before falling in front of Briar's feet, upside down on its back. Kingambit then returns to Geeta's side crossing her arms like her master.

"Your coronation, will put on hold, indefinitely...'your highness.'"

Briar begins to panic mentally, realizing that despite her best efforts, she was defeated!

She looks down at Terapagos, the powerful beast that she had hoped would allow her to control Paldea!

Her fear turns into aggression!

She takes her hatred for what is happening on Terapagos, hitting the Crystal Tortoise with her hands, telling it, "I am not DONE YET! YOU'RE NOT DONE YET!"

Geeta hears Terapagos do a speech in pain, and reaches out for it, but retraches once suddenly Terapagos's eyes flare back and it looks even more raring to go and fires a powerful earth power, that knocks Kingambit off its feet and destroying parting of the foundation of the building.

Geeta falls back to go check on Kingambit, and is shocked that it was nearing critical health. Her ace pokemon was nearly ko' by one nonstop super-effective move. She wasn't fighting a normal pokemon, she was fighting a monster...

Briar is enthralled by Terapagos's power boost, realizing that her dream was coming close to becoming a reality. Briar then taunts Geeta to make her move, since she wants to see more of what Terapagos can do, slowly grasping a way about how Terapagos's power works.

Geeta comes to realization that Terapagos's power had increased so dramatically that she couldn't hope to defeat it, so she had commands Kingambit to use Kowtow Cleave on not Terapagos, but on the ceiling in Clavell's office.

This causes a lot of things to fall from above, confusing the rage-filled Terapagos and distracting the sociopathic Briar.

Geeta then has Kingambit pick up Rika, and then has Kingambit use Kowtow Cleave, again, on the ground to open a hole in the wall for them to escape from. Briar sees this and points two and two together, laughing.