33

November 23rd, 2023 - Thanksgiving morning

𝕬 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖗𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑 woke Bryshere up early from his random slumber on the couch

𝕬 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖗𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖑 woke Bryshere up early from his random slumber on the couch. He checked his phone seeing he had no missed notifications so he had no clue who could be there as early as 8am.

     "DOOR DADDY!" Briyah came running down the steps, nearly falling to rush through the door.

     "You better not touch that damn door! I keep telling your lil ass don't touch it." She stopped in her tracks and quickly pouted as she stepped back. Bryshere knew she had a bad habit of opening doors— if you don't pay attention to her long enough she will make her way outside and linger through the neighborhood, half of the time undressed. Thankfully her favorite brother Brayson always seemed to catch up to her and bring her back.

     "Thought so." He grunted, he looked through the peep hole and was surprised about who was there.

A couple more of his siblings nosily joined him downstairs as he opened the door up— met by Jesus and the rest of the family including Gabriel and his brothers. He was surprised to see them especially Gabriel since they hadn't talked since the other night. He kept his word when he said he'd wait for Gabriel to reach out to him... he didn't want to push any longer— for now at least.

     "Uh, what's up?" He looked at them and down at their hands that were full of pots, pants, aluminum pans and grocery bags.

     "It's thanksgiving silly, we gotta start cooking for dinner tonight." Gianna pushed right past him and made her way directly to his kitchen.

     "Happy thanksgiving, son." Jesus— clearly annoyed trailed past him behind his wife and the others came in behind them.

Gabriel's brothers said nothing but tilted their head to greet Bryshere on their way in— Jesus had threatened them enough and they didn't want no trouble with their father so they just decided to be cordial and silent for as long as they had to deal with the male.

Gabriel kicked the door shut with his foot and stopped in front of Bryshere, "Hey..." he greeted him.

Bryshere couldn't help but smile— something about Gabriel's presence always gave him a calm feeling... even when he was pissing him off, "Hey, baby boy. You okay?"

Gabriel also found himself smiling, "Yeah... you?"

Bryshere nodded and tilted his head toward the kitchen, "Go on and be with ya family. Don't feel pressured to talk to me or nun till you ready."

Gabriel opened his mouth to speak but left it alone and simply nodded following his family to the kitchen.

"Girlsss y'all wanna help Auntie GiGi make some Mac and Cheese?" Gianna spoke to Bryshere's younger sisters.