Healing

Krystals POV

After letting Buddy take me out of my house, I found myself feeling anxious and paranoid, constantly looking over my shoulder. He took me to my hairstylist that I normally see, as she was so excited to see me. Her face fell as soon as she saw my face, I quickly looked down but Buddy grabbed my hand. Giving me a reassuraning squeeze before leaning down towards me. " You're beautiful Krystal, don't let that scar tell you differently. Strong women all carry scars and never bow their heads. " I looked up at him as he smiled at me, then nodded at me to go with her. She hugged me extra tight before taking me over to her chair where she had all ready for me.

"Its been too long. How are we doing, and what are we doing." She looked at me through the mirror, running her fingers through the long and tangled hair. I looked in the mirror back at her but it almost was like I wasn't there, I was just an empty shell. My mind went back to those four walls of that house, to when Ricky would grab my hair , pulling harshly as he touched me.

" Krystal?" I was brought out of thought by her shaking my shoulder and a worried lace expression on her face. " Babe, you're crying. What's wrong?" I raised my hand up to my cheek, seeing that I was in fact crying. "Cut it off." I spoke to her almost to softly as she turned the chair around and looked at me. "What did you say." She asked me gently seeing that something has happened.

"Cut it off , and dye it black or something. " I said once more but not able to look at her in her eyes but rather the mirror behind her as I watched the entrance. I bounced my feet anxiously as I waited for one of them to show up here, to strip me away from my new found freedom. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest while my breathing turn ragged. My chest was tightening and I knew that in the moment I having an anxiety attack. I closed my eyes as I rubbed my hands over my thighs feeling the texture of my leggings I had on while I tried to get myself under control.

" Hey. You're safe here. You're safe with me." I felt her grabbing both of my hands as she held them in her own allowing me to take my time to calm down. I looked up at her as I saw her face looking so heartbroken. " Do you want me to get your friend? would that make you feel more comfortable?" She asked me while she looked over to where buddy most likely was sitting. I nodded my head yes, as she left for no longer than a few seconds with Buddy in tow.

" Miss me already aye." He joked, as it brought a smile to my face which then allowed me to feel relaxed. " So are you sure you want to cut it off or do you want me to just trim it?" I looked at her then at the mirror before nodding my head. " Cut it." I spoke confidently as she spun me back around , and grabbing her scissors.

I watched as the long strands of hair fell to the floor, taking with them a piece of every bad memory with them. Piece by piece she cut , while she watched me carefully in the mirror. But I smiled, for the first time , I was smiling seeing the hair go shorter and shorter. " I cut the memories of his hands ever pulling my hair again." I spoke to myself as I looked at my new hair style, seeing that no one will be touching me again like he did.

Time passed and I was finally finished with my hair and I was in love with it. Buddy smiled wide as he saw the look on my face with she revealed the new me. It was shoulder length, no longer purple or black but rather a deep emerald green color. " I thought the green would compliment you more than anything else would. This is the new Krystal Jones." she placed her hand on my shoulder, before letting go so I could look at it further.

Buddy drove me home after everything he had planned for me, from my hair to my nails to even walking around the park. I never thought that I would end up being friends with someone that Demi was so close too. I always wondered if there was anything between them, especially after what the girls said the night at his bar. " I have one more surprise for you." He spoke as he turned down my street , I looked and saw my house filled with cars . I didn't know what to say as I recognized all of these cars.