𝘃. 𝗺𝗼𝘇𝗮𝗿𝘁

BOSTON, 2023

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

BOSTON, 2023

It had been a little over eight months since Isabelle snuck out of the QZ — she did so, to check up on a friend— so being out in the skeletal remains of what once used to be a bustling city reminded her how she was nothing more than a foreigner in this country.

There were many buildings which had tipped over, with sides blown out, windows shattered, and green vines roping around them, and yet, despite all the greenery the only animals that were around were crows. Not exactly a good thing considering crows were seen as the messengers of death.

"It's like a fucked up moon." Ellie's bewildered voice cut through Belle's train of thought. She looked over to find the teen standing at the edge of a blown up hole. "Is this where they bombed?"

"Yeah. They hit more of the big cities like this." Tess said, standing beside Belle as they looked at Ellie. "They had to slow the spread somehow." Isabelle stepped closer, peaking inside the hallow hole. "Worked here, but it didn't in most places."

The three girls continued to walk, their pace quick so they could catch up with Joel who stood before with his arm resting on his hip. "So, the State House is across there. It's about a ten minute walk if you could go straight."

"So..?"

"Long way or short way?" Joel said, looking over at Tess.

The woman kept her gaze ahead. Looking at the fallen and crumbled buildings with her hands tightly wrapped around the straps of her backpack. "I mean, it's the long way or the we're fuckin' dead way."

"Well, I vote long way, just based on that limited information."

Joel ignored Ellie, looking over at Tess. "We have to check it from the hotel first." Tess nodded as she began to walk, Isabelle beside her with a tired expression. She wasn't interested, in fact— she was pissed. Had Joel just put the damn rifle down at night she would have been able to sleep. "What a blood asshole." she thought, deciding it would be best if she steered away from him.

"So... what's the deal with you?" Tess questioned as they walked. Her tone wasn't rude, more curious than anything. Isabelle shot her an annoyed look, earning a sigh. "Like the whole accent and shit?"

Isabelle hummed, stretching her hands up as they walked. "My grandfather and I were coming here because he was needed for a cure or something... helicopter crashed, I survived... that's all there is to tell." Isabelle didn't recognize her voice. It sounded so... monotone, so detached.

Tess paused in her tracks, eying the girl. "I remember hearing about that. What was his name? Larr— Lanc—" she was snapping her fingers, trying to recall the name until Belle cut her off. "Lawrence Moore."