Wife Ex-Wife

Lute is sleeping on a Queen-sized bed before she wakes up, yawning and stretching, before rubbing her eyes. She turns to her left, "Adam?" she questions as she looks down on the empty side of the bed. She stands up, heads to her closet, and gets dressed before heading downstairs to the hotel lobby. Adam is standing in the lobby, looking disheveled, in front of a whiteboard covered in papers and string.

He grabs at his already messed up hair, "I'm just not quite understanding why it's not working. Ok, ok, think Adam. Think, think, think, think, think, think, think, think. Ok, if I do this, it's going to be," he takes a deep quick breath as he adjusts the papers on the board, "have trust falls every single morning. We can do-"

Val watches Adam with a worried look, "Yikes..."

Adam starts to pace in front of the board, "Come on, come on, come on, come on."

Lute approaches him, "Adam? Sweetie? You, uh, you good?"

Adam looks over at her with a crazed look in his eyes, "Nope! No, not really. I've been up all night trying to figure out why the hotel isn't working," he crushes the paper he was holding, "We've done trust falls, we've tried sharing our feelings, we only have a couple of months left before the exterminators come." He starts to laugh manically as his eyes glow orange and his wings appear before folding behind him, "And at this rate-"

" He starts to laugh manically as his eyes glow orange and his wings appear before folding behind him, "And at this rate-"

"Maybe it's time-" Lute interjects.

Adam looks at her shocked, "NO!"

"to ask-", she continued.

Adam touches Lute's cheeks and pulls her closer to his face, "DON'T SAY IT!"

"Lilith," Lute finishes. Adam groans while Lute continues, "Adam, I know you don't want to, I don't want to, but we need every advantage we can get."

Adam looks away, "She let the extermination happen to begin with. They just had a meeting and said, 'Go ahead and kill everyone-'," he gasps, "Wait, that's it!"

"Kill everyone?" Lute questions.

"No! She could get me a meeting with heaven!" Adam exclaims.

Lute looks at him worried, "Didn't we already try that?"

"Well, yeah with Charlie, she wasn't much help. But she isn't in charge of all of heaven. We could go to the top. There's sure to be some Angels who will listen." Adam scrolls through his phone's contacts stopping at Lilith.

He hesitates to call her as Kitty looks over at him, "What's the holdup? Messy divorce?"

"No, after we split, she never really wanted to see me. She called, once, but only because she needed something," Adam says.

Kitty turns back to the others, "Messy divorce."

Val shrugs, "Well I'd like to meet the big lady in charge."