•Chapter Twenty

-Jahaan-

It has been almost fifteen days since I last saw Dhivti. We never really got a chance since I have no excuses as of now. Anisha and Aarav are on a honeymoon and my mother and Dhivti's mother have gone together to a pilgrimage.

All these days, I have really wanted to check up on her. Is she fine? Has she become alone? Is she bored? Is she eating well? But the great Jahaan Joshi never asked for her contact.

Useless Joshi.

The good thing is mummy is coming back today. I miss her so much.

Yes yes, I am a mumma's boy.

I miss her handmade food, sleeping on her lap whenever my day has been hectic and her beautiful laugh. I may be rude and cold to others but when it comes to this woman; I am the biggest softie.

And what about Dhivti Verma?

Of course, her too.

I finish up my work to go home.

My phone rings as soon as I sit in my car to go home. Unknown number? Who could it be?

"Hello?" I pick up.

"Jahaan, beta?"

"Who?"

"Sheetal." Dhivti's mother.

"Aunty? What happened? Is everything okay?"

"Jahaan, come home fast. Chhaya is not safe."

What the fuck?

"Aunty, who's place are you at?"

"Your place."

"Aunty, don't worry. Am coming."

I drive crossing all the speed limits. What the fuck happened? Did her health deteriorate? Shit. I told her to take her medicines with her. My mother has PTSD because of that bitch of a father I had. It took years for her to get back to normal though she had to be taking her medicines just in case things relapse.

Fuck. I shouldn't have let her go to that damn trip. I was careless.

I reach home and run inside but immediately freeze after I hear that laugh. The evil laugh.

Fuck no. It can't be.

I move inside to see. He is back. The monster.

I see Dhivti standing in front of my mother, blocking the fucker from my mother.

"Get out of here," Dhivti says coldly while glaring at him.

"Who the fuck are you?" the monster says as he pulls Dhivti by her elbow and pushes her aside.

I immediately move to her and hold her from falling.

All eyes are on me while my eyes are on the monster.

I make Dhivti stand and move towards him. Right in front him.

"Dekho kon aya? Mera ladla beta."

(Look who is here? My dear son.)

Unfortunately. My asshole of a father is back. Akash Gupta.

"Beta? Mar gaya. The one in front of you is Jahaan Joshi. The one you shouldn't fuck with," I say so coldly. His eyes widen.

(Son? He is dead.)

He laughs. Fucking prick.

"I am here to get Sheetal."

The audacity?

"Touch her. I dare you."

I move aside so he comes face to face with my mother. I look at her and see tears rolling off her eyes non-stop. She looks at me.

I will die before I let this fucker ever touch you again, mummy.

She smiles as though she understood what I said in my mind.

Akash Gupta takes his steps towards her. He is one foot away from her and raises his hand to touch her. I pull him back by his collar from behind and he falls on the ground.

All those memories come back to me. His belt, my mother's tears, his drunken state, the blood. Every fucking detail of how he treated my mother. I see fucking red.

I start punching him. His jaw, his nose and his fucking face.

I don't want to stop. I can't stop.

I pick him up by his collar and push him hard on the wall and start punching him again.

"YOU WILL TOUCH HER AGAIN?" I scream.

No reply.

I keep punching him. I can no longer recognize his face. I don't want to see his face.

"Jahaan," I hear my mothers voice. I look towards her and she shakes her head, silently asking me to stop.

My eyes move behind her where Dhivti is standing and I remember how this monster pushed her. I fist my hands and glare at Akash Gupta. I punch him again. A few more punches for pushing Dhivti.

I move back, still glaring at him.

He chuckles while holding his jaw. His eyes dart towards Dhivti and then back at me.

"I see you have found a chic," he speaks. I fist my hands.

I move towards him again to punch him but he looks at Dhivti and speaks, "Wrong choice, girl. He is my blood and he will only end up like me."

I freeze.

'He is my blood and he will only end up like me.'

"My son will never become a monster like you," my mother screams as she moves towards me and holds my bicep.

"My Jahaan is my blood. Only mine," she says while Akash Gupta glares at her.

"Eyes down, Akash Gupta," I state callously.

"I will come back," he says as he moves towards the exit.

"If I see you anywhere near my people or even my house, I will fucking kill you, Akash Gupta. I swear on the woman that gave birth to me. I. will. end. you." I seethe. He turns back to look at me and I give him the coldest glare.

He walks out.

I look towards my mother who is still holding my bicep and immediately hug her.

"Mummy, please tell me he didn't touch you. Please mummy," I say as a tear slips out of my eye in the fear of my mother getting hurt.

She breaks the hug and cups my face while wiping the one tear that slipped out of my eye.

"He couldn't. Dhivti was there. She didn't let him even come near me."

Dhivti. My Dhivti.

I look towards her who is also looking back at me.

I move towards her. I hold her hand and pull her for a hug.

"Thank you." I say while still hugging her. I am about to pull away but just then, she hugs me back.

I didn't even know how much I needed this hug. I tighten my hold on her.

'He is my blood and he will only end up like me.'

I freeze.

I break the hug and move back.

I turn around and move out of the house.

Akash Gupta cannot fuck me up like this. No.

I AM NOT AKASH GUPTA.

.
.
P.s: Follow me on instagram for this book's related content,
@ author.deee
Link in bio✨️