R heart P

"Woohoo! Looks who's here!" Kashish, my elder cousin  sister chirpped as she entered the house with her large baby bump and Viraj, my jiju on her side. 

We all hugged and greeted her, everyone taking their chance talking to the baby introducing themselves.

I kneeled down to the chair my sister was sitting, caressing Kashish's baby bump "hey there little one, it's your Pari masi here." The movement of its tiny legs round my palm was just surreal. I looked at kashish as I felt the baby kick, she said with excitement "You felt that right? The baby keeps kicking everytime I talk and I still get excited." I smiled looking at the pink glow kashish had while talking about her baby, wondering about feeling the same when I -

My thoughts were interrupted as everyone else started meeting Kashish.

---

"Pari beta, ab tum bhi ye sab kaam chodke phir mehendi nikalwa lena." 

"Ji Masi."

It was finally mehendi ceremony today, Just within 2 days my little sister is going to get married. Everything feels like deja vu, i remember how things were during my marriage rituals. The same crowded surroundings and the same excitement.

"Omg, Radhika look at your mehendi, damn it looks so pretty." I chirped looking at my sister.

Turning towards the mehendi artist said

"Sunaina di, inn sab ka ho jaye tab muzhe bhi lagwa Dena."

"Pari, mera hogaya hai tu yaha baith ja." Jaishree Masi said and I took her place.

"Kaisi mehndi chahiye didi?' The mehendi artist asked showing me few of the styles in her phone and I chose a minimalist but beautiful design for my left hand. I can't get mehendi on both my hands, there's still a lot of preparations left I need to help others with that. I need one of my hands free to eat also.

"Bass issi haat pe nikalna. Aur ha beech me 'Rishabh' bhi likh dena." I said with a smile, glancing a look at my husband standing in the corner.

---

As I was done with my mehendi I went to search for Rishabh but couldn't find him anywhere. 

"Searching for me?" Rishabh started me by coming from behind.

"Where where you?" 

"I was with mama ji, he was explaining how he left school early to work with his father in farm and how he grew all this over the years." I laughed at his tone. My mama tends to overshare a lot. "Anyways, you done with your Mehendi?" 

I raised my left hand showing off my beautifully designed hand "How pretty! Especially this name that youve engraved." He gave me a huge grin "What about the other hand? show me that also."

"Oh I didn't draw anything of the other hand."

"Why?"

"I need to have my hand free to eat and help mama mami in arrangments. I can't wash this off for next few hours or else the colour won't be dark enough. And they say mehendis dark colour represents your husband's love for you, I don't want to take risk you know." I added playfully.

"Madam, you don't have to wait for this brown colour to imprint on your hand. My lips on your neck marking the red purple mark would be enough of evidence of my love for you. If you want I can show it to you." He challenged.

I couldn't help but smile "It's okay I trust you, no need to prove." 

"Good. Now come with me."