All I wished

They are too close. Their eyes almost fell on other.

Inn places a hand aside to avoid touching each other. However, he only creates more space, widening the gap he disclose the paper distance , but he doesn't get up.

Maybe it's a moment of surprise.

Inn sees Wang's eye. Their eyes are like fire to each other. When we touch fire, we don't spare a moment to measure the temperature. Similarly, whenever their eyes meet, they retract.

Miraculously, this time Inn's eyes don't retract, but Wang's eyes do.

Inn immerses in thought about how good it is that he didn't move this sofa.

The sofa is from the office. One student does a furniture business, so he gave a new sofa set to the college he studied at. Their old one needed to be thrown away. But where to throw it...

So, that sofa found a place here in the old, now Inn's staff room.

Wang's eyes can't bear to look away from Inn.

Wang's eyes move to a specific part of Inn's body.

In a Pythagorean theorem, to find a hypotenuse, we need to know the value of the other two sides.

But if those two sides are the same, then we only need the value of one side. Am I right?

Similarly, if we draw a triangle on that particular part of Inn's body, we only need one value to find the hypotenuse.

That symmetric part is none other than Inn's pinkish lip.

When Inn realizes where Wang's eyesight is, he snaps back to reality, gets up from beside Wang's body, and turns to the wall.

He is silent for 5 to 7 minutes.

But facing the wall, it seems like he's having a wordless conversation with it.

Without turning, as if nothing happened, he continues with his words.

Inn says, "Wang, this is wrong. Today you might think it's right, but it's not always. I respect your feelings, but you need to learn to let go. Some things you will never get in life. It's a waste of time. Instead of holding on to everything, if you let go sooner, you won't get hurt as much when you lose it. You already know this, so why make it worse?"

Inn changes his hand position, as if holding a baby. With a memory, he continues, "You may not know this, but when we first meet, you were only 6 months old. It was your naming ceremony. I think you were afraid of people. You cried the whole day. But when I held you, you stopped crying, wrapped my finger with your hand, and fell asleep. I think you felt safe. Even after you woke up, you didn't go to anyone. Not even sa..."

There's some trouble mentioning the name.

"Not even your mother. All I wished for that day was your happiness..."

"Everyone says you are just like your dad."

Inn's voice changes, expressing both sadness and happiness, "You became friends with me before you could even say the word 'friend.' Your mom labeled our relationship as uncle and nephew.

Do you know what I said? I said 'I would be an uncle or a friend based on your wish.'

Today, I can say I can't be your friend or even your uncle."

Then he has a doubt.

Is Wang still there or not?

Is he there....