Once Upon A Time (Chapter one)

Everyone has heard a story, whether old or new, tales of the past or of what times are still to come. No matter, some people may think they know what comes in a tale like this.

They have not, for this story begins a little differently. . .

.   .   .

Once 'a time, there were two races. Humans, and Monsters.

They had both lived in harmony for eons, wielding strength and magic side by side to defend from any threats. Monsters shared their knowledge of spells and casting of their magic with the human race as an act of goodwill. 

Most saw it as kind, but another saw an opportunity. Being taught by the king of the monsters themselves, they struck down a village with their knowledge, convincing others that the Monsters were dangerous, that they were a threat.

War that started as the smallest spark burst into a flame, engulfing thousands, if not millions, to turn against their old allies. The main place they attacked was Mt. Ebbott, which had been used as a refuge for any Monsters for hundreds of years. 

Some fought, while others retreated into the mountain, before all had been pushed back to the yearning caverns.

Seven of the best human mages cast a large spell, one that would seal Monsters within the mountain for years to come. As long as each of their souls still beat, it would never break or weaken. 

Eventually, those who had been protesting the war gained this knowledge, and went after the mages, killing them off one by one to free the Monsters. After standing for ten long years, the barrier shattered.

Monsters had been living peacefully, but without freedom, within the mountains vast caverns, hoping to be able to see the stars again.

The ever growing flame of distrust and loss grew larger, sparking up a flame in each and every soul that still believed Monsters couldn't be trusted, the same now sparking in the Monsters against the Humans who had slaughtered and trapped them.

The war had begun again.

--------------------

Authors note: Hi to whoever is reading this, whether a dorky friend of mine or someone looking for a story! I don't plan on this getting popular, but I'll keep writing for the sake of the story.

The show must go on after all!