Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Just moved out in this new city, and everything still feels a bit surreal. I woke up early, excited and a bit nervous about my first day in this new environment. I decided to explore the neighborhood before heading to my new school.

Habang naglalakad, I couldn't help but miss my old friends, sina Emily and Lily. Pero alam kong kailangan kong mag-move forward. Life in this new city might be different, but it's a fresh start.

Pagdating ko sa school, I tried to blend in and find my way around. My first class was surprisingly okay. The teachers were nice, and the students seemed friendly enough. Pagdating ng break, I decided to find a quiet spot para makapagpahinga at mag-isip.

I stumbled upon a small garden at the back of the school. Perfect spot to relax, I thought. As I sat down, I took out my phone and saw a message from Aiden.

From: Aiden
Hi, Sophie! How's your first day? Miss you!

Napangiti ako.

To: Aiden
Hey, Aiden! It's going well so far. Miss you too!

Just as I was about to put my phone away, someone approached me. "Hi, you're new here, right?" It was a girl with a friendly smile.

"Yeah, just moved here. I'm Sophie," I replied, trying to sound confident.

"Nice to meet you, Sophie. I'm Janine. If you need any help or just want to hang out, let me know," she offered.

"Thanks, Janine. I appreciate it," I said, feeling a bit relieved to have already met someone friendly.

The rest of the day went by quickly. I met more students, got to know my teachers, and started to get a feel of the school's vibe. It was different from my old school, but it felt like a good place to start anew.

After school, I decided to explore the city a bit more. Naglakad-lakad ako, trying to familiarize myself with the surroundings. I found a cozy café and decided to grab a coffee. While waiting for my order, I felt my phone buzz again. It was a text from Aiden.

To: Aiden
Hope your day's still going great! Got any plans for the evening?

He's so consistent. Nag tipa ako ng irereply sa lalaki.

To: Aiden
Just exploring the city. It's pretty nice here. How about you?

We continued texting for a while, catching up on each other's day. Nakakatulong talaga na kahit malayo, we still keep in touch. It makes the distance feel a little less daunting.

As I walked back home, I realized that this move, though challenging, could be a great adventure. There are so many new experiences waiting for me, and I'm ready to embrace them.

Pagdating ko sa apartment, I started unpacking the last of my boxes. While doing so, I came across a photo of me, Emily, Lily, and Aiden. It made me smile and feel a bit nostalgic, but also hopeful for the future.

That night, as I lay in bed, I thought about how far I've come and how much I've grown. This new city holds a lot of promise, and I'm determined to make the most out of it.

Kinabukasan, I woke up feeling a mix of excitement and nerves. Day two in this new city, and I'm already starting to get the hang of it. I got ready quickly and grabbed a quick breakfast before heading out the door.

Pagdating ko sa school, I saw Janine waving at me. "Hey, Sophie! Good morning!" she greeted cheerfully.

"Morning, Janine! How are you?" I asked, genuinely happy to see a familiar face.