Romantic walk on the beach (PerthChimon part 1

---

Chimon sat on the park bench, his gaze fixed on the entrance. The late afternoon sun cast long shadows across the ground, and the gentle breeze rustled the leaves overhead. He glanced at his watch for the umpteenth time, a soft sigh escaping his lips. Perth had promised to meet him here at 3 PM, but now it was nearing 4:30.

He pulled his phone from his pocket, scrolling through their recent messages. Perth had mentioned something about a busy schedule, but Chimon had hoped they could steal a few moments together despite it. The park was their favorite spot—a small haven in the bustling city, where they often spent hours talking about everything and nothing.

As the minutes ticked by, Chimon's patience began to wane. He tried to quell the rising worry with the thought of Perth’s dedication and hard work. He knew how important Perth's commitments were, but he couldn’t help the pang of disappointment settling in his chest.

Just then, his phone buzzed. A message from Perth: "Hey Chimon, I'm so sorry. Got caught up at work and won't make it today. Can we reschedule for tomorrow? I miss you."

Chimon smiled sadly at the screen, his fingers quickly typing a reply. "It's okay, Perth. I understand. Tomorrow works for me. I miss you too."

He stayed on the bench a little while longer, letting the cool breeze soothe his thoughts. Even though Perth wasn't here, the memory of their times together filled the silence, reminding him that some things were worth waiting for.

---

Chimon stayed on the bench a little while longer, letting the cool breeze soothe his thoughts. Even though Perth wasn't here, the memory of their times together filled the silence, reminding him that some things were worth waiting for.

But as the days went by, Chimon found himself waiting more often than not. Each day seemed to blur into the next with unreturned messages and brief, distracted replies from Perth. Whenever Chimon tried to make plans or ask a question, Perth would ignore him, leaving Chimon hanging with growing concern.

One evening, after yet another day of silence, Chimon sat on the edge of his bed, staring at his phone. The screen displayed his last message to Perth, sent hours ago: "Hey, do you have time to talk tonight?" The read receipt stared back at him, unanswered.

Chimon’s thoughts were a whirlpool of confusion and sadness. He recalled their recent conversation at the park, where Perth had apologized for missing their meeting due to his busy schedule. But this felt different. It wasn’t just one missed meeting—it was an ongoing pattern that left Chimon feeling increasingly isolated.

Determined to find some clarity, Chimon typed out another message, his fingers trembling slightly. "Perth, I really need to talk to you. I feel like you've been avoiding me lately. Did I do something wrong?"

He hit send and waited, his heart pounding in his chest. Minutes felt like hours, and when the reply finally came, it was brief and cold: "I'm just really busy right now. We'll talk later."

Chimon stared at the message, a deep sense of sadness settling over him. He wanted to believe Perth’s words, but the constant dismissals were chipping away at his hope. The park, their café, their late-night conversations—everything that had once brought him joy now felt tainted by uncertainty.

He knew he couldn’t go on like this, feeling ignored and unimportant. Taking a deep breath, Chimon resolved to confront Perth face-to-face, to understand what was really going on. He needed to know if their bond was still as strong as he believed or if it was time to let go and move on.

With a heavy heart, Chimon left the park, the evening shadows lengthening around him, mirroring the uncertainty that loomed over his thoughts.