Chapter - 9 "Mr. Kidnapper"

[Words Count: 2185]

I am sorry! I am sorry! " Her lips tremble in panic.

"I told you to turn on the lights as I feel suffocated with lights off." She gasps scared as she pulls out a knife from his arm.

As soon as she took out the knife the blood started to flow heavily. He grabs her arm angrily as he harshly pulls her towards him.

Ace scowls at her angrily and Laura seems to be devastated as she couldn't digest the part that she has stabbed him. She is scared, her eyelids are covered with tears. She is almost crying. He tightens his grip on her arms letting her feel the pain he is feeling. On one side the blood is flowing heavily especially after the knife was taken out and on the other side he is hurting her.

"I am sorry! I got scared. I thought you were.." She sobs as tears start falling from the edge of her eyes.

"What?" He shouts.

"What did you think?" He tightens the grip on her arm to hurt her.

She tries to breathe but she seems to be struggling for each breath.

"Speak! Dammit!" He snaps rudely.

She sheds tears as she swallows a thick lump of saliva, "I t-thought you were touching me." She stutters.

"I haven't had such a bad day yet that I will touch you." He despises her.

"Come out of your dreams." He scoffs as he points towards her phone.

She turns to look at her phone, "That's m-my phone?" She asks curiously.

"I promised you to give your phone back after our wedding." He snaps. "I was just keeping that phone to your side." He points his finger at the phone.

She wipes off her tears as she shrugs off her arm from his hand.

She manages to free her arm, "You could have given it to me when I was awake." She sighs in relief.

"Let me see it!" As she puts forward her hand towards his injured arm.

"No need!" He shrugs off her hand. "The one who gives the wound never seems to be the healer." He snaps.

"Let me see it! The blood needs to be stopped." She sounds worried about him.

"You had asked me a while ago why I didn't let you die, I too wanted to kill you believe me but being a human what should I have done? When you were begging for life, at that very moment, that fucking moment the humanity came in between." He clicks his tongue in regret.

"And as far as the matter of touching you, I never touch the filth." He snaps rudely.

He covers his wound with his bare hand, "Also, forget about your career, I will make sure that you never go back to the hospital." He leaves the room in anger and on the other side he leaves Laura in angsty.

She starts crying a lot and lies down on the bed crying.

At Morning

It was a breezy and sunny morning for the town but for Laura, it was the sad dark light for her. The sun rose at its peak and was lighting up the entire sky with its orange color. Laura was sleeping and the light was shining on her face from the window. Her pillow was wet with her tears. A sudden knock on the door let Laura open her eyes immediately.

She jolts herself as she sits up immediately. She glares her eyes to Ace's side as she notices that he didn't come home yesterday. She sighs as she averts her eyes back to the door in the hope that Ace will be behind the door.