2: AGAIN?

Skylar works as a server at a restaurant, named Brandy's Bistro, part time. To be honest, he doesn't mind it all that much. Jessie told him that getting in the service industry would suck, but he's found himself to be quite decent at it. Add on the fact that he bar backs some of the time, and he makes decent money for an eighteen year old.

At this rate, he might just end up doing this the rest of his life.

One would think he'd suck at any sort of customer service, what with his horrible personality and even worse people skills. Still, it's somehow become one of the only things he's good at.

The only downside of this place, is the fact that he has to work with Ashton Rivera.

The guy bartends part time at Brandy's, to pay for his college. He only works once or twice a week, but it seems like every time he does Skylar is scheduled with him. When it comes down to technicalities, Ashton got Skylar this job-at the request of Jessie, of course. Skylar was having a difficult time nailing any interviews, and ten guesses as to why.

Exactly! His personality. It sucks.

The fact that Ashton is the entire reason Skylar works here is cause for more than a few arguments. The guy likes to act like Skylar owes him for it. Which, sure, it's appreciated, but he's not the entire reason Skylar is employed. Ashton got him the interview, and to some extent the job, but Skylar being amazing and cooler than everyone in every way is why he still has it.

Anyway, it's nearing the end of the night and Skylar has been cut from rotation, the only people still on right now being the closers. He has one table left, and they've ordered a last round before they said they'd close out.

So, here Skylar is, waiting on the server side of the bar-by the to go area-for two beers. Except, Ashton is taking his sweet time. The ticket is still attached to the printer and everything, the guy hasn't even looked at it.

He's too busy talking to a middle aged woman at the bar about the football game taking place on the TV above him. Skylar is growing impatient. He checks the time on the ticket once again.

Six minutes. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it fucking is.

"Ashton!" Skylar snaps, watching as the guy glances over at him after a few seconds. The woman also looks at him with a raised eyebrow, and Skylar doesn't give a fuck if he's being rude. She isn't his customer, he won't make money off of her, not his problem.

"Make my fucking drinks." Skylar orders, pointing at the ticket for emphasis. Ashton holds up a single finger, and goes back to talking to the lady. This, of course, pisses Skylar off to no end.

Skylar has to tip this fucking guy out at the end of the night, and he can't be bothered to do what he's being paid to? Skylar finally gives up, slamming the table's check onto the bar top in irritation. He doesn't get Ashton's attention until he's actually walking behind the bar.

He grabs two glasses out of the cooler, turning around and setting them on the drain. He pours each of them, then turns around and walks back onto the floor. He puts the check back in his apron, stabs the ticket, and doesn't even spare Ashton another glance-despite the fact that he can feel the man's eyes on him.

So, despite the fact that Skylar is a bar back, he's still not supposed to go behind the bar when he's serving. He doesn't really give a shit, though, especially when Ashton won't do his goddamn job.

Eventually Skylar's table leaves, and he gets his manager to run his check out. Unfortunately, to get his money he has to go to the bartender. It's basically his least favorite part of his shift.

Skylar takes a seat at the bar, across from the register. The lady Ashton had been talking to has since left, and there are a few men sitting at the other side, as well as a couple tables. That's all, though, and Ashton is clearly not busy. Doesn't stop him from taking forever to finally come up to Skylar and grab the receipt.