Chapter 52.5: Shek's and Skloe's Wish

~Author's Note: This story is about Daniel's time with Shek and Skloe. They're goblins, so they aren't starting out from a high level of intelligence, and they're very small. Both goblins are adults, but this chapter is a big male with 2 small females.~

***

Daniel had always kept to himself in his old world, going to work, going home, and spending his free time on video games, anime, and writing. He never felt that he was particularly attractive, and there were virtually no women who ever refuted that fact.

And, as it turned out, Geirahoel was his first intimate experience with a woman, and so far, is the only woman he has been directly intimate with, if helping all three dragons lay their eggs doesn't count.

Now, he finds himself surrounded with women, all of whom claim to express attraction for him, in spite of the presence of the others. He finds it exhausting trying to keep a straight face, neither committing nor outright refusing the affection, since he does care about them. He tries not to become frustrated or defensive when he's just trying to accomplish tasks, but he definitely appreciates his alone time all the more.

That said, he's not as antisocial as he once was. Were they all to vanish, he'd likely feel cripplingly lonely, now that he's had so much companionship.

As he's resting in his own private room, a knock comes at the door. Daniel wonders if it's his underage self-proclaimed 'wife', so he doesn't rush to the door. Hekate can make the door open if she really needs to, and she usually doesn't hesitate to sneak in.

However, when he does finally answer the door, the height is close, but a little off.

Instead of Hekate, he finds two small women; Shek and Skloe, two of the goblins he recovered after repelling the attack on Fort Peony. They're wearing their simple dresses holding plates of what appear to be simple baked goods.

"Shek? Skloe? Everything alright?"

Both of them nod. "Shek and Skloe come to see Master," states Skloe gently. Shek nods vigorously in agreement.

"I... see..." replies Daniel skeptically. Something seems fishy, but he doesn't rebuff them. "Come on in." Daniel checks the time using a special hologram created by an illusion spell that shows a graphical representation of Zenkon's sun in the sky. It's obviously not as precise as a clock repeating a fixed loop each day, but it's accurate to the true relative position of the sun as Zenkon rotates. Currently, it's late evening, but it's probably only an hour after dark.

The two goblins follow Daniel into his room, which is more like a full suite, with his bed, a desk, some tools, and a handful of weapons. To him, it's fairly normal for his time in this world, and rather spartan, even, since he doesn't have much by way of entertainment. Regardless, the two goblin women look around like it's the first time they've seen everything. He knows their own quarters in the Citadel's town are a vast improvement over their village, and they also have a shared room in the upper levels of the Citadel, but they're treating Daniel's room like they walked into a sacred temple.

Which, of course, puts him a little on guard.

Regardless, he offers them drinks; he's working on sodas, thanks to Xyreko, and has a few fruit-drinks in a magic refrigerator. The sodas are far from the slightly addictive sugary drinks from Earth, but he's getting close enough to satisfy that specific thirst. Given that he has a suspicion of why they came, though, he doesn't get any alcohol out.

"How are you two doing?" asks Daniel to start a conversation.

"Good!" replies Skloe happily.

"Shek excited and happy!" adds Shek brightly.