vi. rehearsals

Lacy woke up the next morning with a mix of excitement and nerves

Lacy woke up the next morning with a mix of excitement and nerves. Today marked the first official day of rehearsals for "Outer Banks," and she knew it would set the tone for the rest of the shoot. 

"Hey, Lacy!" Madison called out, waving her over. "Ready for the chaos?"

"Always," Lacy replied with a grin, joining the circle. They exchanged stories about their first nights in the hotel and the excitement of starting the project.

Just then, the director clapped his hands, calling for everyone's attention. "Alright, everyone, let's get started. Today, we're diving into some of the key scenes, and I want to see raw emotion and chemistry. Lacy, Drew, you'll be up first."

Lacy's heart skipped a beat as she glanced over at Drew, who was leaning casually against the wall, a smirk playing on his lips. "This should be interesting," he muttered as they made their way to the center of the room.

"Just try not to scream this time," Lacy shot back, rolling her eyes.

The director handed them the script for a particularly intense scene. "I need to feel the tension and connection between you two. Let's see what you've got."

As they began to read their lines, the underlying friction between them became evident. Drew's eyes sparkled with mischief, and Lacy felt her irritation rise with every line.

"You're supposed to be in love, not at each other's throats," the director sighed, pausing their performance. "Let's try a different approach. Drew, Lacy, I want you to take five minutes, talk to each other, and find some common ground. Try to connect."

They both nodded, stepping aside to a quieter corner of the room. Lacy crossed her arms, looking at Drew expectantly. "So, what do you think we should do?"

Drew shrugged, his smirk still in place. "Well, sweetheart, we could start by not biting each other's heads off."

Lacy couldn't help but roll her eyes again. "Yeah, like that'll happen."

Drew leaned in slightly, lowering his voice. "You know, for someone who's so determined to hate me, you sure seem interested."

"Interested? In you? Please," Lacy scoffed, though her cheeks flushed slightly.

"Sure, whatever you say," Drew said, his eyes twinkling. "But we need to figure this out, or the director's going to lose it."

Lacy sighed, feeling the frustration ebb away a little. "Fine. Let's try to be... professional."

"Deal," Drew agreed, holding out his hand.

Lacy hesitated for a moment before shaking it. "Deal."

They returned to the center of the room, ready to try again. This time, the tension between them had shifted slightly. There was still friction, but now it carried an undercurrent of something else, something that hinted at the possibility of a deeper connection.