○ Kuroko Tetsuya : Don't Give Up

You were practicing tennis after school with the tennis club. It was a sport you grew up with and truly love and enjoy playing. But after the accident a year ago, your right shoulder was injured and had to go through surgery and physical rehab. Now your perfect power serves were entering outside the box and you struggle to return the ball back to the other side. While you were still busy practicing alone with the coach, you didn't notice that a blue hair boy was staring at you. He had been for at least an hour already watching quietly as you groan and complain each time you did something wrong. Then you hit your limit and threw your tennis racket onto the court, "I give up!"

He watch you as you stomped your way to the bench and grabbed your water bottle. You finished it quickly and threw it aside hitting the boy who had already walked up to you.

"Ow," he simply said. You widened your eyes and quickly turned to see him.

"W-who are you?" you asked shock that he was there beside you and you didn't even noticed his presence. "H-how long have you been there?"

"I'm Kuroko Tetsuya," he replied. You heard that name before in class. In fact you remember clearly now that he was one of your friends, Hiroshi Fukuda's teammate in the boy's basketball club.

"I had been watching for an hour already." He added and turned his head towards the (Fav/Color) racket on the ground.

"What?!" you widened your eyes even larger.

"Are you okay?" he suddenly asked throwing you off.

"I-i should be asking you that," you said looking at the empty wattle bottle on the ground. He then picked it up and placed it on the bench, "Don't give up."

"Huh?" you tilted your head. Kuroko lifted his head to look at you.

"If you really love tennis you shouldn't give up," he stated. "It's more painful to walk away from the sport you love than the pain from all the hard practices."

You glared at him, "You don't know what I went through. That accident ruined my dreams. For the past year, every day and night I work just to be able to lift my right arm up. I couldn't even hold a spoon or write!"

"I'm sure there are those who believe in you though," Kuroko said and headed for the tennis court. He grabbed your racket and headed back to you.

"Your coach, your friends, your family," he lifted the racket and handed it towards you. "And me."

You widened your eyes at his words. You barely knew each other and he already had that much faith in you.

"I believe that (L/N)-san will become the best tennis player in Japan," his poker face then slowly changed into a bright smile. "You have to believe in yourself and don't give up."

You were taken back by his words and stared down to his hand where he held your tennis racket. Your head lifted back up and your (E/C) eyes met the blue eyes of Kuroko as something jabbed your heart. Not in a painful way but in a way that causes it to beat furiously. You hesitated to grab the racket but Kuroko placed it onto the palm of your hand.

"When is your next game?" he asked taking another glance at the tennis courts.

"A-ah tennis matches are Tuesdays and Thursdays," you replied making sure you gave out the right information. Then Kuroko sent you another bright smile, "If I'm free, I'll come and support you (L/N)-san."

"W-what- oh! You don't have to!" You shook your head and looked down embarassed that you had cause such hassles to him.

"I'll see you again (F/N)," he mumbled before leaving. You quickly jerk up your head to see that he was gone already. Although his presence was there you could still feel his words stiking your body and soul. And for some odd reasons it pumped up your blood. That's when you knew giving up wasn't a choice anymore and that you had fallen head over heels for the light bluenette boy named Kuroko Tetsuya.

EXTRA

"Where are we going?" Kagami asked following around Kuroko who had said nothing in return. He groaned and turned to look at the gym.

"Did you tell Riko where we were going?" he added, but still no reply. Knowing Kuroko well enough he just shrugged and continue to follow the bluenette towards the tennis courts.

"They already started..." Kuroko mumbled and looked around the 6 courts for you. He spotted you at the end and headed for the fence to watch you play.

"Who's that?" Kagami whispered and then stopped. "Don't tell me...IT'S HER?!"

"Kagami, you're too loud," Kuroko bluntly replied and turned his attention back to the court. He locked eyes with you and for a second your cheeks grew a tint pink. Kagami was laughing and eying you two as he tried to find a way to tell the other basketball members about this. Kuroko knew by the look of your face that the first set didn't go so well. He could even hear your sighs from such distance.

"You can do it," he mumbled and for some odd reasons you heard it fly through your ears. "I believe in you (L/N)-san."

Kagami continued to snicker behind Kuroko as he couldn't believe the boy had interest in girls. You picked it up in the second set of the match and with Kuroko there to support you, you manage to win the second set and into a tie breaker. Kagami who was not paying attention earlier now had his eyes glued to the game.

"I never knew tennis was this aggressive," he mumbled. After multiple serves and returns you managed to break through the score and gain the win. Although you were out of breath you jumped cheerfully and shook hands with your opponent. You walked out of the courts and to give your score to the coach. He pat your head and smiled, "You might have found yourself a keeper."

You tilted your head to the side, confused of what he meant by that.

"Good job out there (L/N)-san," Kuroko stated. You quickly turned and the blue hair boy and his friend was already standing behind you with smiles on their faces. You widened your eyes and without a thought your arms wrapped around Kuroko's neck pulling him into a hug. Your strong impact almost made him lose balance on his feet. Kagami backed away a little bit to snicker at the side.

"Thank you for the support Kuroko-kun!" you laughed and smiled. "I honestly didn't think I would be able to feel this much happiness after my injury!"

Kuroko's cheeks were flushed red as his arms hesitantly and slowly wrapped around you.

"I'm happy to hear that," he said. You widened your eyes even more, but on competition with Kagami, his were bigger.

"KUROKO! KAGAMI!" Riko's angry voice was heard. "WHY ARE YOU TWO SKIPPING BASKETBALL PRACTICE FOR?!"

Kagami turned to see Riko flaring up in flames. He quickly turned to Kuroko, "I THOUGHT YOU TOLD HER WHERE WE WERE AT!"

"I never said anything about talking to Riko-san," Kuroko replied.