Chapter 7

Mia's POV:

"I'm going to get changed" char whispers to me leaving the room obviously going to the bathroom. Carly was sleeping in my kids old bedroom. They were off at college now. Eric was sleeping in the guest bedroom. Seeing as I only had three bedrooms Char was sleeping in mine. Deciding I'd get changed as well I got up looking in my mirror as I did so. It was one of those long ones. I heard the door swings open. I felt vulnerable trying to cover up only to realise it was char. Her face filled with embarrassment. "Mia I- I'm sorry" she went to close it. "It's fine char nothing you haven't seen before" I wink which makes her blush even harder. "You can stay im nearly done anyway. I throw on a t-shirt, a baggy jumper and tracksuit bottoms hopping into bed next to char and burying myself into the covers. "Are you cold?" I can see Charlotte shivering and hop out of the bed picking out one of my favourite baggy jumpers and putting it onto her. "Thanks sweetheart" I'd never heard her call me that before. I usually gave her the pet names. I hurriedly hid my smile as I propped my head onto her shoulder falling asleep like that.

The next morning I woke up seeing char. I tried to get out without waking her up but of course failed. I felt her grasp wrap around my waist pulling me back down. "Don't go" she whined making me let out a laugh. "I'll be back in a sec sweetheart" I whisper trying to get up again but again I'm pulled down. "Please Mia?" She asks making me giggle softly "you have to beg char" I mutter back knowing if she begged I'd have trouble leaving. "I need you Mia don't leave" she pleaded with me causing me to lay back down cuddling into her. I ended up falling back asleep waking up around 7am. "Time to wake up sweetheart" I gently stroke chars hair and skin planting a gentle kiss onto her head. "Morning sleepy head" I laugh when she wakes up. I walk downstairs seeing Carly. I'd forgotten she was here. She was deep in a talk with Eric. He had a goofy grin on his face. It was a grin I knew all too well. Char got it when she was talking to me, sometimes I got it when a text came through from Char. "Morning lovebirds" Eric turned around at the sound of my voice. I was so deep in thought about the pair and hadn't meant to call them lovebirds but I obviously couldn't correct my mistake now. Carly frowned not even blushing. I thought she'd be more happy while Eric was the opposite he looked ecstatic and his face was completely red. Had the tables turned overnight? I asked myself wanting to say it out loud but not wanting to embarrass the pair. "Um no you got the wrong idea" Eric said to my previous weirds looking completely flustered. "Yeah me and him ew" carly made a disgusted face. It looked like she was about to be sick. Eric's face formed a sad frown at the words she'd just spoken. Before I could utter another word in walked char with a smirk on her face "hi my love" she held onto my waist as we shared a quick gentle kiss. I saw Carly smiling at us. "You and Mia are so cute" I heard her whisper to char. It wasn't the first time I'd heard those words. Every time char and I had a moment she'd whisper that to her. I was trying to be better for char but it was hard liking Carly when she reminded me so much of my younger self. "Yous two are cute did you ask Carly out yet" I whisper into Eric's ear loud enough for both Carly and char to hear. Another blush creeps onto Eric's face as he goes to reply "n-no we're just f-friends" causing me to laugh saying "you don't sound too sure" with a wink before turning away and looking over at Carly who's frowning and looks deep in thought. "Ready for work?" I question the group. "So I'll drop you and Carly off at the sister nursery and me and Eric at our nursery?" I ask char to a shake from the head. "I asked specifically to cover at your nursery" she tells me an excited look crossing her face. "You really can't last work without me?" I question smirking with a slightly arched eyebrow making her get flustered "well I- um I- er I" she doesn't finish her sentence as I take her hand in mine. "I'm joking" I reassure her leading her out to the car.

When we arrive outside the sister nursery Eric tries to say "bye carly" but it comes out as a screech instead of his normal voice. She shouts him a wave and a glance before exiting the car "hey Carly actually one second Mia" Charlotte hops out of the car leaving me and Eric sat in uncomfortable silence.

Charlottes POV:

As I call her name Carly turns around with a questioning look "what's up with you and Eric? You tell me all the other drama so tell me this" I ask. Her eyes widen "nothing" she replies bluntly but I pull her back practically lifting her. She screams "Charlotte put me down as I'm practically holding her like a baby. "Tell me and I'll put you down" an eye roll from Carly. I can tell she's considering it before finally "fine I'll tell you" I drop her down waiting impatiently "I'm over him alright? I've moved on. He clearly likes autumn. I don't know what's gotten into him lately char it's like he has some crush on me but then why would he kiss and stare at autumn" Carly tries to hide how hurt she is but I know her. "Carly come here" I hug her tightly. "Listen Eric's a dirtbag. He doesn't deserve you. No girl will ever have him if he treats people who clearly have crushes on him like this and if he goes for older women cos I know nobody that would go for that" I point at Eric causing a giggle to Come from Carly. "Thanks char" she whispers hugging me again before disappearing into the nursery. "You ready to go to work now?" Mia asks as I get back into the car and I nod unenthusiastically.