FORTY-THREE

FARZAN’S POV:

She f**king lied to me.

I was fuming with anger and if anyone else saw me like this he would definitely be shocked that the person who was the cause of it was still alive at that time as she must be busy cooking in the kitchen without caring what chaos she had been implicating on my life since her mere presence in it.

I was on verge of killing someone and I still didn’t know what to do. That was it. She made me helpless in her case. I could kill her easily if she wasn’t…her.

“S-Sir.” After a knock to which I didn’t answer my secretary came in as she had her hands trembling but she tried to hide it with her tight grip on the files. She was an almost fifty years old woman as she was working with for more than a decade. She knew when I was in a mood to talk or not and right now, I was definitely not but still she came in and try to worsen my mood.

“Sir.” She tried to act professional with the clearing of her throat.

I bestowed her with a glance which was enough to take the hint and spill the f**king words already.

“There’s someone who wants to meet you.” She said calculatedly as I glanced at her with narrowed eyes.

‘There weren’t any appointments.” I said as it was almost evening as the sky was showing all the shades of yellow at that time.

“Yes, but he is CEO of Ensoft company.” She said and I straightened up a little. The company I was competing with in the real estate belonged to the same brothers I guess and if he was here then I should say that it must be something interesting because I was already amused with his presence.

“Send him in.” I said as after few seconds a tall smart man with chocolate colord hair and eyes came in wearing a brown hoodie and jeans. He was the most casual person I had ever seen in my office. But the thing that passed an amusing smile on my lips was the shine in his eyes. His eyes talk as well as his bright smile with which he greeted me.

“I never took appointments but I think I should while coming to meet the Knights. I don’t like to wait. Ahmad Hashmi.” He said as I also came forward to shook hands with him. His grip was firm and tight as if assuring me something with something burning in his eyes.

“I wouldn’t say hard things take time to come but I would definitely say that the Knights always wait for the right moment for the sake of punctuality and that’s why I am the Knight. You have ten minutes.” I said as I gestured him towards the couch on in front of my office table where I could see the city from the top of floor of our building. In night the light of the moon and the lights of the nearby building were enough to lighten my room which is filled with darkness.

“I am honored.” He chuckled as he sat on front of me while I held the intercom but stopped.

“You would take black coffee right. It looked like you just came after sleeping.” I said as no matter how much he inspired me for not being a trembling ass I still didn’t like someone meeting casually and that too in casual clothes.

“Ah man!” He chuckled as his smile died down the next moment. “You can say that. I don’t like to plan things as I just go with the flow.” He said and I just dropped the intercom as I diverted my whole attention towards him.

“Get to point.” I said as he was looking at me with scrutinized gaze. He wasn’t getting intimidated by me as normal do.

“The point is I want my software company to get engaged with you. I want you to have our own department as part of your development program.” He said as I just raised an eyebrow at his empty hands. Usually, these types of things were done with paper and pen and he was just talking to me casually.