Chapter 7: The Box

Freen's POV

As Becky and I grew closer as friends, our relationship seemed to be evolving into something more. Yet, I couldn't be certain if she felt the same way.

Since we became friends, Becky had started joining our group more often. Nam, Heng, and Billy were ecstatic about it.

Today, our PE class was held outside, and we decided to hang out and watch our classmates' games while waiting for our Professor. Since it was a sunny day, I excused myself and bought some milk tea. However, I forgot to ask them for their preferred flavors, so I only bought mine and Becky's.

I spotted them sitting on the bench: Becky quietly observing while Nam, Heng, and Billy were joking around, watching our classmates.

"Hey, Freen. Wait... why only two milk teas? Where's ours?" Nam asked, glancing occasionally at Becky, who turned her attention to us due to Nam's loudness.

"I forgot the flavors you guys wanted," I admitted, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"But you remembered Becky's favorite flavor?" Heng's comment carried a hint of jealousy.

"Heng's right... wow, you got it right... it's been her favorite since childhood," Billy confirmed while looking at the milk tea in my hand.

"Do you know my favorite flavor, Freen?" Becky asked, also surprised.

"Um... actually, I just guessed based on what the person at the counter said," I lied, feeling a bit flustered and thinking Billy talks too much.

I handed Becky her milk tea and sat beside her.

"Thanks, Freen," she said sweetly, her smile even more delightful than the drink itself.

"This is unfair... They seem like the only people in the world, huh, guys?" Nam remarked, smirking at us.

"Yeah... do we look like we're not drinking milk tea?" Heng retorted and laughed.

"Let's go find a best friend, I mean, milk tea," Billy teased.

I almost choked at the mention of "best friend." Nam and Heng quickly noticed and pulled Billy away.

"We will just get our milk tea, Becky... Freen," Nam said to us and waved.

Becky and I laughed at their antics. But I'm nervous, hopefully it's nothing for Becky.

"Freen... thank you again for the milk tea," she said sweetly, her smile even more delightful than the drink itself.

"You're welcome, Becky," I replied, feeling a bit shy with her so close to me. Perhaps it's because I have feelings for her, making me sensitive to her actions.

But sometimes, I catch her reacting similarly whenever we're close or make eye contact.

~~
After they bought their milk teas, they came back to our area.

As Becky and I sat together, enjoying our milk teas and listening to the playful banter of our friends. Becky accidentally dropped her straw, prompting a mischievous glint in Nam's eyes.

"Oh no..." Becky said, reacting as her straw fell. She pouted as she still had milk tea left.

'So cute, Becky' I thought to myself as I looked at her, but I was surprised by Nam's words.

"Hey, Freen, lend your straw to Becky, like they do in those romantic movies," Nam teased, her grin widening.

I felt my cheeks flush at the suggestion. I had actually thought about that, but I wasn't sure if Becky would accept it.